It happened... I need your advice.

5 years 2 weeks ago #638035 by Red Tail
What?  Mexico, party city?  LOL not a chance.  

If they were next door and just needed it to photograph something there, sure. 

Photo Comments
5 years 2 weeks ago #638213 by icepics
Offer suggestions on where they can rent a camera (maybe send them some websites to look at but make clear you can't speak for the cost, conditions, etc. and it's up to them to check into options and they're on their own!).

I've taken photos for family but they never asked to use my camera, they wouldn't know what to do with it anyway! Or I'd offer them an old used p&s if I had one.

Sharon
Photo Comments
5 years 2 weeks ago #638239 by ThatNikonGuy
Not out of country, in town I would have considered.  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 weeks ago #638258 by Marinan
What if OP, i.e. Nefarious, had a few decent cameras? What if he didn't use a couple of them because they are old or something? Would this be a different story then?

Photo Comments
5 years 2 weeks ago #638391 by GaryA

Marinan wrote: What if OP, i.e. Nefarious, had a few decent cameras? What if he didn't use a couple of them because they are old or something? Would this be a different story then?

Not to me, but I'm in the minority here.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 2 weeks ago #638421 by Don Granger
You did the right thing, I wouldn't let me gear regardless of the condition head out of country by someone who didn't own a professional camera already.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #638715 by Pettigrew
+1 on no go, not a chance.  Sorry it's a straight forward answer for me.  

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #639015 by Inez Villarin
Can't say I would give anyone the chance to borrow any of my camera gear, just can't think about parting with anything. 

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #639018 by Piechura
In my experience, nobody ever knows how to use it properly anyway. I can't tell you how many times I've been on holiday with someone and they've said "Do you want me to take your photo?" only for them to hand me back a nice black image. It doesn't help that I couldn't tell you how to shoot automatic on my camera.

5 years 1 week ago #639295 by Owen
Only close family, and even then it's a tough call.  I really don't like lending out my gear.  Just haven't had good experiences.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024