B&H refunds all sales tax for all customers

4 years 11 months ago #643048 by Frost Photography
ha ha ha, I read things so quick and I somehow missed that part.  Yeah that is a bit high.  So 1000% you need to pay this off each month before close of billing!

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643052 by Howard Swanson
Sounds good up till I saw the 30%.  Yikes!  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643057 by Garbo
Adorama have something like this? 

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643068 by Chase Audate
30% APR with Fico 750+?  That's bad APR.  I feel bad for those with lower credit scores if they can get approved.  I like the idea of this card, but that APR is just bad.  While I try to pay off my balance each month, it never always happens.  On a large purchase if you make minimum payments for a few months, the interest could be more than the tax would have been.  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: icepics
4 years 11 months ago #643072 by Howard Swanson

Chase Audate wrote: 30% APR with Fico 750+?  That's bad APR.  I feel bad for those with lower credit scores if they can get approved.  I like the idea of this card, but that APR is just bad.  While I try to pay off my balance each month, it never always happens.  On a large purchase if you make minimum payments for a few months, the interest could be more than the tax would have been.  

:agree:   good point

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643126 by Gene.Culley
No thank you.  I value my money.   $30 is pretty rough!  That's how they are able to do this.  Charge crazy interest rate and most will not pay off in 30 days, they are banking on that.  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643216 by garyrhook

Gene.Culley wrote: $30 [sic] is pretty rough!  That's how they are able to do this.  Charge crazy interest rate and most will not pay off in 30 days, they are banking on that.  

Well, yes, 30% is rather high, but what does that have to do with you? If an individual can manage their money, make payments on time to avoid interest charges, and essentially borrow money for free, how is there a problem? I take advantage of these sorts of things all the time and I haven't paid interest charges due to a mistake in years. But I figure there's something wrong with me as I always know how much money I have, and what activity is happening in my checking accounts in the near future.

But what do I know?

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643246 by Roblane

garyrhook wrote:

Gene.Culley wrote: $30 [sic] is pretty rough!  That's how they are able to do this.  Charge crazy interest rate and most will not pay off in 30 days, they are banking on that.  

Well, yes, 30% is rather high, but what does that have to do with you? If an individual can manage their money, make payments on time to avoid interest charges, and essentially borrow money for free, how is there a problem? I take advantage of these sorts of things all the time and I haven't paid interest charges due to a mistake in years. But I figure there's something wrong with me as I always know how much money I have, and what activity is happening in my checking accounts in the near future.

But what do I know?

Making those who don't pay off their charges in a month sound like idiots isn't right.  I know there are people out there who are in tough circumstances and need to use their cards as short term loan and incur interest charges.  Man, I've been there a few times over the years.  Doesn't make me any less understanding of my finances.  Just circumstances.  But with that said, I can't speak on what Gene was specifically talking about, plus he had $30 vs 30%, which I'm guessing was a typo.  For me, 30% is high too, and for me, I would likely put thought into wether or not I got this card.  In case poo hit the fan after I made a purchase using this card and let's say one of the above 'circumstances' happened again, where I needed to help someone, or roof needed replacement last minute, and my finances goes upside down.  I would not want anything on that 30% card, vs floating the cost with one of my AMEX or Chase Visa cards that have crazy low interest rates.  That is how that APR has to do with me.   Look towards the future and be ready if poo strikes.

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643273 by Allen D
As I see it, just pay it off.  Crap happens, but it seems like a good idea.  30% is high though.  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643274 by Troponin

garyrhook wrote:

But what do I know?

Came in to say this. Sometimes the only reason I use a particular card is for the rewards etc, but I pay the cc off within 1-3 months. I only look at interest if I feel I can't comfortable pay it off in 6 months or less. 

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643296 by Sawyer
I'm with you.  For the most part, I'm paying things off within the first 3 months.  80% of the time ,  it (estimate) is paid off within first month.  Even still, 30% is so high.  That is bad credit APR.  Not exciting.  But getting $$ for the taxes I paid is a nice twist.  

Who else is offering program like this?

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643464 by Sanford
Total liking this idea, not excited about the interest rate.  No surprise there.  But conceptually, this is great model if you pay back your card within a 1-3 months.   

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643569 by Beth Anderson
Seems like a decent concept to me. +1 the comment with the other retailers doing this.  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643607 by James F
This isn't a deal?  The savings are being paid by that nasty interest rate.  

"ValuePenguin found that more than 40% of all US households carry credit card debt, with the average American household carrying a balance of $5,700. For only indebted households, which excludes people who pay their balances in full every month, the average debt is $9,333."
https://www.businessinsider.com/average-credit-card-debt-in-every-state-ranked-2018-8

More on this subject:
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/credit-card-debt-statistics-1276.php

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/credit-card-debt-hits-record-high.html

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #643702 by Fess Walker
Good research James, kind of like Vegas, they are banking off most won't pay off their balance and will carry a  balance at that 30% APR.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024