Do you still own your first camera?

4 years 10 months ago #645153 by icepics
Yes, I still have it. Bought it when I graduated from college from a local camera store that let me make payments til I got it paid for. Had to work to get it and used it for a lot of years, a good bit of my life was spent with that camera. It's a film SLR that looks like it was dragged around for years. I don't use it, needs a bit of tinkering or TLC to get it in good working condition.

Sharon
Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #645394 by Mike McKinnon
Yes, technically yes.  But my wife has it.  

4 years 10 months ago #645503 by ShutterPal
Nope, can't even remember what my first camera was!  

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #645518 by Screamin Scott
Nope, it got stolen back in 1980

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #645842 by Finn
You're are really taking a big jump back aren't you! 

No don't have it.

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #645846 by mariablassingame
My real first camera was a Kodak Brownie Starmite. I took a lot of pictures with that electronic camera and truly began discovering exactly how to make up and mount a shot with it.

My very first "significant" electronic camera was a 35mm Zeiss Ikon Contina Rangefinder. It had a 45mm f/3.5 Zeiss lens, a copal shutter, the rangefinder was not combined to the lens, you had to get the range, after that physically adjust the lens range setting. Ir was a great little video camera. I am persuaded it made me come to be a better photographer due to the fact that it was a manual-everything video camera.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #645916 by John-Pepp
I personally don't have my first camera, but I have my father's Argus C2 - 35mm circa 1938 camera that needs to be repaired as it is letting in light which is pretty common for a camera that age. I don't know too much about film as I really haven't shot with film except when I was a Teenager, but I wonder if I can still find film for that camera? It would be neat to take pictures with that camera and I do have a light meter that I haven't used in awhile that will make it a little easier adjusting the camera settings. . 

4 years 10 months ago #645958 by Gammill
WOW, you realize how long ago that was?  Nope, can't say I do!  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #649323 by Andy Gladwell
My first camera was a Brownie that my grandfather gave me when I was a kid.  Technically it didn't work, but it was my first! I'm not even sure what happened to that thing. 

4 years 9 months ago #649363 by CatherineW
You kidding?  I don't even have my first husband!   :rofl:   Seriously, no that camera is long time gone.  Actually I think that was sold at a garage sale when I went off to college!  

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #649823 by Nathan D
Nope, I can't even recall what my first camera was! 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024