Wiral LITE with GoPro or Insta 360 One?

4 years 9 months ago #650136 by Finn
Have you tried using one of these Wiral LITE's for footage at a wedding or corporate gig you are shooting?  With all the pressure coming down on the drone world, I'm looking at other options of getting over the head shots and coverage.  This looks promising, I'm just curious on how much of a PITA is set up and is the footage usable.  I'm guessing with the GoPro HERO7 with this popular Hypersmooth stabilization this could be pretty decent.  

Let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650160 by ThatNikonGuy
Haven't seen that one before.  Reminds me of that Syrp cable track thing.  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650257 by H Rocky
Now that is cool.  I wonder if you could mount a small mirrorless camera under that thing? 

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650372 by Todd Floyd
I'm guessing longer stretches that small action cameras are what that is made for.  Any camera of much greater weight I suspect will cause the center of a run bow down.  Really depends on how tight you can get that line too. 

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650477 by Fitch
I was just reading up on this thing a few days ago.  Here's a good video that covers a bit on this thing

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650509 by Tim Wiener
If you need something for larger cameras, Syrp makes a dual cable rig.  Just saying.  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650564 by Uplander
 Hey thats slick! 

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650865 by Finn
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering, is at distance how easy is it to get this super tight so you don't have a large dip in the belly of your run.  

I'm near tempted to order and try out.  What would be cool is that you can easily block out in post the cable.  That would make the footage pretty awesome as well.  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #650946 by Kate Stailey
I bet with Hypersmooth stabilization in that Gopro will be buttery smooth on that.  Post some footage if you get this thing, would love to see it.  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #651123 by Colorado Mike
At least with the Insta 360 One, you can control the camera angle after the fact.  To bad it's software doesn't erase the cord from the Wiral Lite.  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #651249 by ThatNikonGuy
That battery has 3 hour charge, would you know how long it takes to charge battery and is that a swap about battery?  

Would be cool that you can have 2-3 batteries all charged and ready to go.  

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #651289 by Peter Nunez
Saw this on Kickstarter some time ago.  Interesting tool for creators.  The coverage looks promising.

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #651328 by Greg Friedman
So the trick is to position the camera to the left or right to avoid the wire being shown, or have this thing mounted high enough where you have more space below.

Can one person hang one of these? 

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #651440 by Scott Klubeck
Sure can, easily

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #651515 by Finn
Ordered, we’ll see how this turns out. There are two other guys in my photography club waiting to see what I think of this thing as well.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024