Business cards still needed in 2019?

3 months 1 week ago #650538 by E Rodriguez
Do photographers still hand out business cards?

I don't have any and trying to think should I get some.  Not like a huge rush because I'm so new to photography, but just thinking about it this morning as I came across an old business card of mine from a number of years ago totally none related to photography.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #650539 by Nikon Shooter
Most certainly (as far as I am concerned!).

A card will, even very short, keep the first impression you
made… given it reflex you originality!

Light is free… capturing it is not!

3 months 1 week ago #650544 by Moe
100% always need some means of passing on your information to a potential client. 

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #650555 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day ER

A business card is more important than your camera ... it is your conduit to the world telling outsiders what you do and where to contact you

You can leave cards in strategic locations [cafes, fuel-stops, drop-in centres etc], you can write notes to people and leave the card in the door or letterbox ... the list goes on

FWIW- I hand out about 500 cards per year and I'm only a small bloke verging on retirement

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

3 months 6 days ago #650653 by Rawley Photos
Definitely!  I hand out a card to someone at least 2 times per week.   

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #650702 by [email protected]
I use my cards still and I do hand them out but I prefer to give my Instagram so they follow me Immediately. 

Regards Matt
https://lmfotografias.com/portafolio/

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #650704 by ShutterPal

[email protected] wrote: I use my cards still and I do hand them out but I prefer to give my Instagram so they follow me Immediately. 

Regards Matt
https://lmfotografias.com/portafolio/

Hey Matt,

Do you find yourself using Instagram more than Facebook these days?  I'm just thinking about a few buddies of mine have shifted to Instagram during last year.  I have limited experience there.  Just wondering is it best for creators?  

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #650708 by [email protected]
Yes, Instagram has been good for us. Facebook is for clients over 30 years in general. You do need to be more active on Instagram to make a mark its not as relaxed as facebook. 

Photo Comments

3 months 5 days ago #650807 by E Rodriguez
What information are you all putting on your business cards?  

Did you put a photo of yourself on the card?  

Thanks in advance.

3 months 4 days ago #651057 by Sanford
Got a stack wrapped together with a rubber band in my pocket.  Always have them with me.  

Photo Comments

3 months 4 days ago #651059 by Nikon Shooter
The info may be limited to the essentials like name, locality, and
TN. However, the look is everything… this is a creative trade.

3 months 4 days ago #651108 by ThatNikonGuy
Heck yes, always have cards on me and ready to hand out!  

Photo Comments

3 months 3 days ago #651141 by Nikon Shooter

E Rodriguez wrote: Did you put a photo of yourself on the card?

If you look like me… DON'T!  :rofl:

This point depends on the æsthetic and presentation of the card;
just a photo for a photo won't bring much I think… didn't for me!

3 months 3 days ago #651282 by KenMan
I always have 3 in my wallet to hand out

Photo Comments

3 months 3 days ago #651286 by garyrhook

E Rodriguez wrote: What information are you all putting on your business cards?  

Did you put a photo of yourself on the card?

Good heavens, no. You're meeting people: engage them and leave an impression so they remember you.

You need something to engage the recipient (a striking logo, for example), your name, and contact information. This should include phone, website, and Facebook/Instagram/Twitter handles as appropriate. I put the catchy thing on the front, info on the back; on one of mine I also have some lines that can be used for jotting notes.

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS M200 is coming soon, and if you're interested in upgrading from your phone to a traditional camera, this one might just be for you.

Oct 02, 2019

In this Canon EOS 6D Mark II review, learn about this camera's essential specs, features, and pros and cons so you can determine if it's the right camera for you.

Sep 27, 2019

In this iMovR Lander Lite desk review, learn about the build quality, features, durability, and technology that make it one of the best standing desks on the market today.

Sep 27, 2019

In the Nikon Z7 vs Sony a9 shootout, which camera comes out on top? They're evenly matched with excellent features, but both cameras definitely shine in different areas.

Sep 23, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Matt Seymour on Unsplash The body of an FBI forensic photographer was just found in a national park in Nantahala, North...

Oct 15, 2019

Photo by Jared Brashier on Unsplash How would you like to be arrested by a drone? While this isn't possible (yet), some police...

Oct 11, 2019

Photo by Bryan Angelo on Unsplash A shocking report released by Bloomberg found dozens of Amazon workers charged with...

Oct 11, 2019

While the Sony a9 II is not a huge leap forward from the a9, there are some critical updates that make it a better camera, specifically for professionals.

Oct 11, 2019

Photo by Daniil Kuželev on Unsplash The Tokyo police believe a pop star's fan found her by zooming in on a selfie the pop star...

Oct 11, 2019

The Nikon Z50 is set to be announced today, and indications are that it will be an affordable, entry-level option with a price around $850 for the body only.

Oct 10, 2019

If you have a micro four-thirds camera, be sure to consult our list of the top autofocus lenses for micro four-thirds cameras before you commit to buying one.

Oct 09, 2019

Billed as the fastest Nikkor lens ever made, the Nikon Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is big, beautiful, and will set you back $8,000.

Oct 09, 2019