How wide is TOO WIDE??

2 months 1 week ago #650739 by Barbara Fite
I was Google'ing this topic and this video came up.  Granted this is a Canon lens, and I'm Nikon.  Still good to watch.  Nikon 14-24mm looks like this lens.  

Well I found the video to be entertaining on a subject I've seen others ask.

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #650750 by Rawley Photos
Nice chunk of glass there.  This guy is entertaining.  

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #650751 by Nikon Shooter
I use and love the Nikkor 14~24 ƒ2,8.

Just like with any tool, one should use it knowing
the features and application limitations if any.

Light is free… capturing it is not!

2 months 1 week ago #650753 by Piechura
I guess when you get to the extreme ends of the focal range, by definition you're talking about a very specialized lens that you'd only use for certain purposes. But yeah, a good explanation as to why it's not really suitable as a general lens for the average user.

2 months 1 week ago #650758 by Ian Stone

Nikon Shooter wrote: I use and love the Nikkor 14~24 ƒ2,8.

Just like with any tool, one should use it knowing
the features and application limitations if any.

Agree awesome lens.  

what filter system are you using on this lens?

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #650773 by Nikon Shooter
[quote="Ian Stone" post=650758… what filter system are you using on this lens?[/quote]

I quit using filters — and sold my extensive Lee collection— a long time ago.

Since then, I use blended exposure bracketing for more natural results.

2 months 1 week ago #650778 by Nikon Shooter
The only filter I would like to use on that lens
— like I use it on all others — is the Vario ND.

2 months 1 week ago #651063 by CatherineW
Incredible lens for landscapes and cityscapes. 

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #651098 by icepics
The video seemed to mostly show that the lens is going to give a lot of distortion trying to photograph a single subject standing right in front of the camera. It doesn't show any photos taken trying out the lens in any other way. It looks like it could be used in ways that could be creative, but it would take some experimenting/figuring out how to use the lens.

I wouldn't expect the lens would be useful the way it was used in the video so it wasn't to me very helpful in showing how it could be used. I think this is all about making entertaining videos and being able to borrow expensive lenses from manufacturers, getting followers and dollars from YouTube ads.

Sharon
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D5 is a big professional camera, but is it worth the nearly $6,000 price tag? Find out in this Nikon D5 review.

Sep 16, 2019

If you're looking for the best laptop for photo editing, you've come to the right place. From the best budget laptop to laptops over $2,000, these computers will fit any budget.

Sep 10, 2019

In this Canon EOS M6 Mark II review, learn about the essential specs, features, pros, and cons of Canon's newest mirrorless camera.

Sep 10, 2019

The Sony a6100 was recently announced to much fanfare. The question is, does it live up to the hype or is it just a glorified a6000? Find out in this a6100 first look.

Sep 09, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Joe deSousa on Unsplash There are certain questionable tactics in the real estate game, like promising free pizzas for...

Sep 17, 2019

The Nikon D5 is a big professional camera, but is it worth the nearly $6,000 price tag? Find out in this Nikon D5 review.

Sep 16, 2019

Not sure what to give the photographer on your shopping list? With a $5,000 budget, the possibilities are endless! Check out our picks for the best gifts for photographers under $5,000.

Sep 13, 2019

Learn how to master the art of wide-angle landscape photography with four simple tips that will greatly improve the quality of your landscape photos.

Sep 12, 2019

Are you sick of your gear weighing your shoulders down, causing undue neck and shoulder pain? With the new Holdfast Gear Tanker Belt, you can carry your gear in total comfort on your hips.

Sep 12, 2019

Photo by Prince Akachi on Unsplash #NoBudgetNoPhotos is going viral after a photographer, Nafa Ribeiro, revealed damning emails...

Sep 12, 2019

With these fall foliage photography tips, you'll learn a few fall photography ideas and solid methods for capturing beautiful photos of fall colors.

Sep 11, 2019

Family portrait posing mistakes are easy to make, even for seasoned photographers. In this guide, learn a few tricks for making the most of family photo poses.

Sep 11, 2019