Worst camera of all time

1 month 1 day ago #652168 by MM Images
It's a Friday and I'm struck with the question of which camera historically was so hated, that it was infamously crowned as worst camera of all time?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 16 hours ago - 1 month 16 hours ago #652215 by icepics
The Fotron by the Traid Corporation. Yes, I have one of these worthless cameras (because it's ridiculous sitting on a shelf! but has a cool midcentury vibe). I did not do like Marcy of Junk Store Cameras (see below) did opening the top of the camera, but I will take her word for it that's it an electrical nightmare inside. Nor did I plug mine in.

The company made their own proprietary cartridges using 828 film, which was the same size as 35mm but without sprocket holes to latch and advance the spool to be usable with any other camera made then. It came in a black square plastic box. You shot your film, mailed it in to be developed, got your pictures back, and bought more square plastic boxes of film to pop into the back of your camera. They were sold door to door.

www.junkstorecameras.com/project/traid-fotron

edit- Oh, and I have the photo album or 'Pictorial Record' to go with it, but darn, no pictures came in mine...

Sharon
Photo Comments

1 month 9 hours ago #652232 by Garbo
What’s that one from Hassaldblad with the wooden handle. 

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments

1 month 5 hours ago #652236 by fmw
I have no idea, sorry.  But I can tell which camera was the worst I ever owned.  It was a Hasselblad 1000F.  The only good thing I can say about it is that they replaced it with the 500C.

Photo Comments

4 weeks 2 days ago #652294 by Troponin

icepics wrote: The Fotron by the Traid Corporation. Yes, I have one of these worthless cameras (because it's ridiculous sitting on a shelf! but has a cool midcentury vibe). I did not do like Marcy of Junk Store Cameras (see below) did opening the top of the camera, but I will take her word for it that's it an electrical nightmare inside. Nor did I plug mine in.

The company made their own proprietary cartridges using 828 film, which was the same size as 35mm but without sprocket holes to latch and advance the spool to be usable with any other camera made then. It came in a black square plastic box. You shot your film, mailed it in to be developed, got your pictures back, and bought more square plastic boxes of film to pop into the back of your camera. They were sold door to door.

www.junkstorecameras.com/project/traid-fotron

edit- Oh, and I have the photo album or 'Pictorial Record' to go with it, but darn, no pictures came in mine...

Haha! I have no idea if the camera is the worst or not, but I enjoyed the read. When you mentioned door to door sales I got a little nostalgic. So annoying, but a sign of the times. 

A more recent development was Yashica. I saw them on social media as a kick starter at one point. Then I saw them pop up on DPR a while back. This camera is pretty terrible and they made so much money on it. 

Make: Panasonic
Model: DMC-GX7
Lens: LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45/F2.8
ISO: 200
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter speed: 1/60 sec
Captured: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 13:50pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Fujifilm X100F review, learn about its essential features and specs, its pros and cons, and where you can pick one up for a great price.

Aug 16, 2019

The Nikon D500 might be several years old, but it's still a highly capable camera. In this Nikon D500 review, learn why it's still a good investment in 2019.

Aug 16, 2019

In this Nikon Z 14-30mm f/4 S review, learn about its specs, features, build quality, handling, price, and more.

Aug 13, 2019

The Fujifilm X-T2 might be three years old, but it's still a highly capable camera with specs and features that will suit just about any photographer in 2019.

Aug 12, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using a vintage lens with a modern camera is a fun exercise, and can teach you a lot. But before you buy a vintage lens, be sure you know what you're getting yourself into...

Aug 19, 2019

By Teichnor Bros., Boston - eBayfrontback, Public Domain "It wasn't the first time he utilized a couple of bottles of scotch to get into an area that...

Aug 18, 2019

Photo by Jesse Mills on Unsplash It is easy for us to forget that 9/11 is still claiming lives almost 2 decades later. It is...

Aug 17, 2019

In this Fujifilm X100F review, learn about its essential features and specs, its pros and cons, and where you can pick one up for a great price.

Aug 16, 2019

The Nikon D500 might be several years old, but it's still a highly capable camera. In this Nikon D500 review, learn why it's still a good investment in 2019.

Aug 16, 2019

The holidays might be a few months away, but it's never to late to start getting ideas for the photographer on your list. These gifts for photographers under $50 will do the trick!

Aug 15, 2019

In this camera tripod buyers guide, learn which tripods are the best of the bunch at various price points from under $100 to over $1,000.

Aug 15, 2019

Not sure how to grow your photography business? With these simple photography business tips, learn how you can step up your marketing game.

Aug 14, 2019