20 Of The Most Iconic Photographs And The Cameras That Captured Them

6 months 1 week ago #654992 by Harrison J
Pretty good article that shows these photos, speaks about them and you can learn what camera was used to take the photos.  Interesting stuff   https://www.boredpanda.com/cameras-used-famous-historical-photographs/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR3yPEsZo_dYRSUnd2PA9dm-5bMU27rWWx8t7nI0DRhJVuRc1o1e2v1vVYI

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 1 week ago #654999 by Marin Chi
WOW some of those shots are so interesting,  regardless how many times I've seen them.  

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #655020 by KENT MELTON
:beerbang: good click

Photo Comments

6 months 6 days ago #655038 by KCook
The 20th Century was covered by Leica, Nikon, and Speed Graphic. I wonder what will end up dominating the 21st?

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

6 months 6 days ago #655047 by ShutterPal
Sony likely 

Photo Comments

6 months 6 days ago #655083 by Gammill
:cheers:

That was a enlightening click, good stuff

Photo Comments

6 months 5 days ago #655150 by fmw
Makes me miss my second camera which was a 4X5 Speed Graphic with a 135mm Ektar lens.

Photo Comments

6 months 5 days ago #655153 by Moe
Interesting blend of cameras. Good article.

Photo Comments

6 months 5 days ago #655241 by Juan Anthony
Makes you wonder what photos from today will be looked at 50 years from now as being "iconic"?  

Photo Comments

6 months 4 days ago #655357 by Glen Mosley
I don't know about iconic, but infamous comes to mind.  Perhaps I keep thinking about Instagram photographers  :lol:

Photo Comments

6 months 3 days ago #655378 by Jacko
:thumbsup:

Crazy how that monk just set himself on fire.  Never saw that one before! 

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #655871 by Howard T
No kidding, it will be interesting to see what photos are garnered 50 years from now and deemed as iconic.   Sorry to say, I'm thinking we'll see a number of Instagram shots in there, Trump photos, images from some of the mass murders that have taken place in recent years, likely Putin shots.  I guess we'll all see. 

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #655941 by Toby J
So, here's a question - who owns rights to those images? 

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #656032 by Rick Larin
Public domain?  

Or the estate of the photographers.  

Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #656068 by Garbo
 Good click, good set of interesting photos. 

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In many situations, a small travel tripod just doesn't give you the stability you need for your camera and accessories. But Octopad is a fantastic tripod alternative that offers top-notch support without taking up a ton of space.

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

The GoPro MAX is a fun 360-degree camera, but getting the best photos and videos with it requires that you learn a few tips. Get some insider tips in this quick tutorial!

Feb 14, 2020