Using USB battery pack plugged into your camera?

4 years 8 months ago #655436 by Bump N More
I'm not saying any specific camera model because this question came up with a myself and a few friends last night and everything has different cameras.  We are planning a camping trip and looking at ways to extend usage of our cameras when there will be no AC power.  Is there a way plug in a larger USB battery pack into a camera and use as power source?

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #655442 by Nikon Shooter
I am using a larger capacity pack that, however, must
be connected through an interface in the pack com-
partment… mainly in winter or long time lapses.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #655449 by Shadowfixer1
Depends on the camera model. Some can but most cannot. There are some dummy replacement batteries you can get that go into the battery compartment and then you plug the power pack into them. You would need to see if anyone makes one for your camera model.
4 years 7 months ago #655485 by Rick Larin

Nikon Shooter wrote: I am using a larger capacity pack that, however, must
be connected through an interface in the pack com-
partment… mainly in winter or long time lapses.

You mind posting link to the one you use please?  Thanks!

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655487 by Nikon Shooter

Rick Larin wrote: You mind posting link to the one you use please?

Sure thing, Rick!

This is a product that needs to get other parts from Nikon

10 Amps Pack  from Tethered Tools.

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655497 by Rick Larin
You are awesome, thank you for posting.  The part I was looking to learn about was the part you plug into your camera.  I don't suppose you have that link do you?  

Thanks again!!

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655498 by Nikon Shooter
No sweat, Rick.

Go on the Nikon website / your camera model / accessories / Power Accessories… and build you system with that. I did.

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655500 by Shadowfixer1

Bump N More wrote: I'm not saying any specific camera model because this question came up with a myself and a few friends last night and everything has different cameras.  We are planning a camping trip and looking at ways to extend usage of our cameras when there will be no AC power.  Is there a way plug in a larger USB battery pack into a camera and use as power source?

www.amazon.com/dp/B076ZXKBSG/ref=sspa_dk...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024