People can be so annoying

4 years 8 months ago #655468 by Don Granger
You're out shooting something, your camera is set up and people after people walking through keep walking through your frame.  Even though there is a huge amount of space for them to walk around my clearly shot intentions.  

Out shooting today, this happened.  Just ranting about people toughtless behavior.  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #655483 by Amy Porter
HA! we were just talking about this 2 weeks ago.  Some people can be clueless, and I say that because they are looking straight at you as they walk in front of your camera.  But it's public space, so it's only courtesy who's line is getting crossed.  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #655486 by papadon
Hi, new to the forum but I have seen this a lot the last few years. People today are self-absorbed, they care for only themselves and what's important to them. Try walking in front of them when they are try to shoot and see what happens. We were at Yellowstone a month ago and there were times when I had to wait for a parade to walk in front of me, it's like they don't even see you.

4 years 8 months ago #655492 by Shadowfixer1
Just because we have a camera doesn't give us any special rights over others. Most people go out of their way to get out of your line of sight. I was doing some street stuff yesterday and two people apologized for getting into my line of sight. The funny thing is they were the subject I was shooting. I always tell them "no worries, you're fine".
4 years 8 months ago #655502 by garyrhook
I have people pause and defer to me all the time, though I have no expectation for them to do so. ANd yes, sometimes I'd like them to get the heck out of my way, but I just wait. If I'm working a scene and someone stops (and I become aware of it) I take the camera away from my face and wave them on through.

But that's just me.

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #655505 by Ozzie_Traveller

garyrhook wrote: I have people pause and defer to me all the time, though I have no expectation for them to do so. And yes, sometimes I'd like them to get the heck out of my way, but I just wait. If I'm working a scene and someone stops (and I become aware of it) I take the camera away from my face and wave them on through.
But that's just me.

That's because you're such a good lookin' fella  :)
Phil from the great land Downunder

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 7 months ago #655564 by Eric A
Oh, I've had those types.  Some people will stop and wait for confirmation you have taken your shot, some will walk around, and then you have the inconsiderate ones.  

However it's public space, so I'm going to refrain from sharing all those names that are in my head. :rofl:

My Camera Bag:

Canon 7D | 50mm f/1.2 | 17-40mm f/4 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 320EX | 580EXII

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655619 by Chester Foster
I have such a short fuse with these sort of personalities.  I bit my lips so hard and reluctantly follow what Gary does and wave them through.  

4 years 7 months ago #655667 by Ted Helm
I'm pretty much the same as Gary.  I'll take my face away from camera and let them pass.  If they stop, that's when my patience is tested.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655704 by EOS Man
Depends on my mood if I'm being honest here.  And say that I have only told someone to move once, and that was because of timing of the setting sun.  These people had looked right at me, asked that I was taking a photo of and just stopped in front of the camera looking at it.  I just asked them if they could slide over for a minute so I could take my shot before the sun slipped below the horizon.  They moved, I got my shot and I packed up. 

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655790 by Ian Stone
Growing up in NYC, you get used to this. 

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655802 by Piechura
I work opposite the twin towers in Kuala Lumpur. If I stopped for everyone that was taking a photo, I'd never get to work. Personally when I'm taking a photo, I much prefer the people who just quickly walk through the frame to the people who stop and wait to be waved through. The people that annoy me are the ones that stop in your frame, especially when it's a tourist place and you've obviously been patiently waiting your turn. I once had a family of about 10 people do every combination of people in their group in front of a temple while I waited to get a picture of it.

4 years 7 months ago #655910 by Frost Photography
Come to California, we have plenty of people who are clueless when it comes to walking in front of your shots.   :rofl:

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655946 by Stanly
In my head I wish I had a water squirt gun to spritz them with as they stand in front of my camera. LOL

But I say or do nothing and just wait for them to pass on by.

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #656172 by Luca
I'm with you, its annoying.  But unless I own that space, which none of us do, there is nothing we can do other than pass them through or occasionally pass on a dirty look. :evil:  :whistle:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024