Are you using a checklist or mental checklist?

4 years 7 months ago #658449 by Stacy Craig
Raise your hand if you get back to your computer and realize you should have done something in your thought to be awesome shot.

I had another photographer joke around with me a couple years ago.  He told me that I should use a check list.  If I can be honest, I have a little ADHD which makes it hard for me to pay attention and I have to work really hard to do things.  Focus really.  Even righting this topic.  

So when I'm out there taking photos, often what happens is that I forget to do something that I know.  And I don't get the shot I want.  

I'm going to take another consideration to this checklist thing.  What are you doing that works?  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658458 by Nikon Shooter
A check list? I would forget all about it!

Through a rigid strict disciple where I always do things in a
given order and specific ways. Like a stupid robot, I will hang
on things that are not written in the program.

I have learned to trust routine when it comes to technical con-
siderations… but when I am through with it, then I can get on
with the creative side of it.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658460 by effron
"Are you using a checklist or mental checklist?"
Neither, practice via trial and error.....mostly error.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: CharleyL
4 years 7 months ago #658488 by Street Shark
What is it?  You do something over and over again for 26 days straight and it becomes a habit?

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658639 by Carter Gledhill
Nope, I just get out there and do. Practice is the name of the game.  

4 years 6 months ago #661032 by Deb Reardon
Practice enough and you won't need a checklist.  ;)  As cliche as it sounds, nothing beats practicing.  

4 years 6 months ago #661221 by Patrick G
That would be a long list.  No, all 2nd nature because of ton of practice over the years.  

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661361 by Stacy Craig
All good info.  I think I'll be fine.  You're right, I just need to keep at it and focus more.  I have a doctor who I speak with on weekly basis who was telling me I need to simplify my life and focus on one thing at a time.  I try to multitask often and end up doing nothing well. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024