Which drones will take RAW still photos?

4 years 7 months ago #658522 by Harrison J
What options are there for drones that shoot RAW stills?  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658532 by effron
All of the consumer level DJI drones have the option to shoot in RAW (DNG files), JPEG or both.
I've no hands on experience myself....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658534 by KevinH

Harrison J wrote: What options are there for drones that shoot RAW stills?  

I have the DJI Inspire 1 Pro, Phantoms 3 & 4 Pro, and Mavic Pro Platinum and they all shoot RAW.

4 years 7 months ago #658543 by Harrison J

KevinH wrote:

I have the DJI Inspire 1 Pro, Phantoms 3 & 4 Pro, and Mavic Pro Platinum and they all shoot RAW.

Right now today, would you still buy the Phantom 4 over the Mavic Pro 2?  I was just reading on this drone this morning.  The Phantom 4 is now a couple years old right?  This Mavic is late 2018.  Two different sizes.  Now do you find that the Mavic is harder to control in the air?

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658567 by KevinH

Harrison J wrote:

KevinH wrote:

Right now today, would you still buy the Phantom 4 over the Mavic Pro 2?  I was just reading on this drone this morning.  The Phantom 4 is now a couple years old right?  This Mavic is late 2018.  Two different sizes.  Now do you find that the Mavic is harder to control in the air?

I can't answer for the MP2 as I have the MPP. Yes, I would still take the 4 over the Mavic. The Mavic is very easy to fly and is very stable. I like flying them all for different reasons and purposes.

4 years 7 months ago #658608 by Chris Briggs
I was reading that DJI pulled the plug on Phantom 5.  Is that true?

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658609 by KevinH

Chris Briggs wrote: I was reading that DJI pulled the plug on Phantom 5.  Is that true?

I'm really not aware that there was a 5 in th works.

4 years 7 months ago #658611 by Chris Briggs
Pretty sure they pulled the plug on it.  That's what I had read on 2 different articles last month.  :(  bummer.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658621 by KevinH

Chris Briggs wrote: Pretty sure they pulled the plug on it.  That's what I had read on 2 different articles last month.  :(  bummer.  

That would be too bad! I would invest in another Phantom.

4 years 7 months ago #658623 by Chris Briggs

KevinH wrote:

Chris Briggs wrote: Pretty sure they pulled the plug on it.  That's what I had read on 2 different articles last month.  :(  bummer.  

Yes, but this has me thinking.  Drone laws are getting tighter, so could DJI be thinking the market could shrink?  Look at Canada, they forecasted something like a 50% drop in market with new laws up there.   

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658649 by KevinH

Chris Briggs wrote:

KevinH wrote:

Yes, but this has me thinking.  Drone laws are getting tighter, so could DJI be thinking the market could shrink?  Look at Canada, they forecasted something like a 50% drop in market with new laws up there.   

I'm thinking DJI doesn't think that way.

4 years 7 months ago #658654 by effron

Chris Briggs wrote:   Drone laws are getting tighter, so could DJI be thinking the market could shrink?  Look at Canada, they forecasted something like a 50% drop in market with new laws up there.   

The first time some idiot uses a drone in a nefarious way, the politicians will get involved and so long drones. They're already banned in many cities, national parks, etc, no?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024