Photocamel.com go out of business?

9 months 2 weeks ago #659952 by Janos
I only belong to 2 photo communities.  Photographytalk and Photocamel.  For the last couple weeks photocamel shows only

"PhotoCamel is performing some technical maintenance and will be back shortly.
See you soon!"

How long of maintenance is this?   Or did they shut down?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 2 weeks ago #659957 by Prago
Got me, haven't been there in some time.  

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments

9 months 2 weeks ago #660001 by effron
A couple weeks? That doesn't look good.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

9 months 2 weeks ago #660009 by Instamixes
Website down for a couple of weeks.:(  It doesn't look normal. It can be possible they are facing some serious issues with their website. Who knows.:rolleyes

9 months 2 weeks ago #660032 by Hawkins
I'm registered there and don't recall seeing any emails come through. Then again, it's been a long time since I have been over there either.   

Photo Comments

9 months 6 days ago #660992 by bluegoose
Members on PhotoCamel were complaining that no moderator was replying to their messages. This was going on for over a month. Suddenly, PhotoCamel had a message of temporary maintenance and would return. They never did and last check there is no access at all including the message.

It is unfortunate the those that had run the site just up and abandoned everyone on it with no notice. Maybe there was a health issue or something but if I remember correctly, there was more than on administrator. I would imagine if some knew what was going on they would have taken things over themselves. Not sure who hosted the site but everything is most likely still there, just not publicly.

Unfortunate loss. 

9 months 6 days ago #661107 by splitload
I have been trying to get on for over a month and got the message that they were doing maintenance, now the site will not load, I think it is not a viable site any longer

9 months 6 days ago #661110 by jgw
They still have a Facebook page, but nothing's been added or updated since 2017.
If they're gone, too bad, it was a nice site.

9 months 6 days ago #661112 by Rick Larin
WOW, what a shame!  

Who owned the site?  Was it a company or private person? 

Photo Comments

9 months 6 days ago #661116 by jgw
I don't know. It always seemed owned by an individual, but that was just my impression.

9 months 6 days ago #661131 by effron
It got very slow in recent years, no surprise here.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

9 months 5 days ago #661173 by Deb Reardon
Well, RIP camel 

8 months 3 weeks ago #662292 by fotoman515
I have been checking the site daily and still no response and I no longer can access the page.  I checked the Facebook page and even sent a message and haven't had a response.  I guess they are kaput.
It's a shame as there were some great people and photographers on there.

8 months 3 weeks ago #662321 by Ian Stone
WOW, RIP Photocamel! 

Photo Comments

8 months 3 weeks ago #662323 by fotoman515
I hope they are reorganizing.

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best camera bags of 2020 include big backpacks, small sling bags, and many variations in between. Which of these top camera bags is for you? Find out!

Jul 09, 2020

Canon unveiled the Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 this morning. Both cameras look to be game-changers for Canon, and both will ship soon!

Jul 09, 2020

The H&Y RevoRing is a revolutionary new variable step ring that will save you money, time, and space in your camera bag!

Jul 08, 2020

The wedding album is an important vessel for the photographs you take. With these tips for creating a wedding album, make something that will impress your clients and give them long-lasting memories.

Jul 07, 2020

The Nikon Z7 is one of Nikon's most popular cameras. Because of its popularity, there are many accessories available as well. Here's our list of some of the best ones.

Jul 06, 2020

In the Canon EOS 80d vs Canon EOS 90D debate, you might think that the 90D is a hands-down winner since it's newer. But that might not be the case.

Jul 06, 2020

Using these marketing ideas for photographers, you can reach potential clients in an authentic way, and do so without spending a dime.

Jul 03, 2020

Getting started in nude photography is all about being comfortable with yourself as a photographer. Get some basic tips for starting your nude photography career!

Jul 03, 2020