Photocamel.com go out of business?

7 months 4 weeks ago #659952 by Janos
I only belong to 2 photo communities.  Photographytalk and Photocamel.  For the last couple weeks photocamel shows only

"PhotoCamel is performing some technical maintenance and will be back shortly.
See you soon!"

How long of maintenance is this?   Or did they shut down?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 4 weeks ago #659957 by Prago
Got me, haven't been there in some time.  

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments

7 months 4 weeks ago #660001 by effron
A couple weeks? That doesn't look good.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

7 months 4 weeks ago #660009 by Instamixes
Website down for a couple of weeks.:(  It doesn't look normal. It can be possible they are facing some serious issues with their website. Who knows.:rolleyes

7 months 4 weeks ago #660032 by Hawkins
I'm registered there and don't recall seeing any emails come through. Then again, it's been a long time since I have been over there either.   

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660992 by bluegoose
Members on PhotoCamel were complaining that no moderator was replying to their messages. This was going on for over a month. Suddenly, PhotoCamel had a message of temporary maintenance and would return. They never did and last check there is no access at all including the message.

It is unfortunate the those that had run the site just up and abandoned everyone on it with no notice. Maybe there was a health issue or something but if I remember correctly, there was more than on administrator. I would imagine if some knew what was going on they would have taken things over themselves. Not sure who hosted the site but everything is most likely still there, just not publicly.

Unfortunate loss. 

7 months 3 weeks ago #661107 by splitload
I have been trying to get on for over a month and got the message that they were doing maintenance, now the site will not load, I think it is not a viable site any longer

7 months 3 weeks ago #661110 by jgw
They still have a Facebook page, but nothing's been added or updated since 2017.
If they're gone, too bad, it was a nice site.

7 months 3 weeks ago #661112 by Rick Larin
WOW, what a shame!  

Who owned the site?  Was it a company or private person? 

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #661116 by jgw
I don't know. It always seemed owned by an individual, but that was just my impression.

7 months 3 weeks ago #661131 by effron
It got very slow in recent years, no surprise here.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

7 months 2 weeks ago #661173 by Deb Reardon
Well, RIP camel 

7 months 1 week ago #662292 by fotoman515
I have been checking the site daily and still no response and I no longer can access the page.  I checked the Facebook page and even sent a message and haven't had a response.  I guess they are kaput.
It's a shame as there were some great people and photographers on there.

7 months 1 week ago #662321 by Ian Stone
WOW, RIP Photocamel! 

Photo Comments

7 months 1 week ago #662323 by fotoman515
I hope they are reorganizing.

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

In the Fujifilm X-T2 vs Fujifulm X-T3 battle, which one comes out on top? These cameras are evenly matched, yet have distinct advantages all their own.

May 05, 2020

In the Nikon Z50 vs Canon EOS RP debate, which one comes out on top? These cameras have many similarities, but their differences could lead you one way or the other.

May 01, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

In this Snaptiles vs Mixtiles comparison, learn which photo tile is better from a build quality standpoint and ease of use.

May 19, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

Camera cages offer tons of flexibility and versatility when using a DSLR or mirrorless camera for video. In this tutorial, learn how to use a camera cage.

May 18, 2020

If you sell clients prints, you should strongly consider offering high-quality canvas prints. But what makes a canvas good quality? Find out in this guide!

May 18, 2020

The Canon EOS R5 price might have been leaked by a camera website in Australia. If the price is accurate, you'll need a big pile of cash to get an R5.

May 15, 2020