Hats that photographers wear when outdoors?

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #661147 by Garbo
So, when the sun is bright and you want to wear a hat.  What are you wearing?  I like baseball caps, however the brim always hits the camera.  What's funny is I will turn it around and I kind of feel to old to be doing this.  And then when I do, and forget that it's that way.  My wife always teases me in good fun.  

Really though, what hat are you wearing during the sunlight when shooting your camera?  

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661151 by effron
My dermatologist wants me to wear a Sombrero, which is fine but I just wear a ball cap...and turn it around if needed.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garbo
4 years 6 months ago #661153 by Nikon Shooter
In Summer, I wear white or light beige caps. Late
Autumn to mid-Spring, a béret.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661155 by CharleyL
For me....usually a baseball cap, and I too turn it around backwards to take photos and forget to turn it back when finished shooting. I've looked at, and tried other kinds of hats, but always go back to the baseball cap, and my dermatologist wants me to wear the large brimmed hats too, but I don't. I must have 30 or more baseball style hats, and usually decide which to wear based on what I think I'll be doing today. Many logos and different ads on the fronts of them. Some photography related, some firefighting related, some railroad related, some woodworking related, and some welding related. Hey, I truly do many things and most of the hats relate to each of them, but I usually try to at least where a photography related hat when I have camera in hand.

Charley

4 years 6 months ago #661156 by garyrhook
I have a ball cap that I turn around (I'm too old to care what people think now...) and a crusher-sort of hat I picked up. It has a wide brim that works well, more flexible than a ball cap but it still gets in the way and I have to push it back/

I just don't like having to wear a hat when I'm shooting, but I just deal with it.

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661157 by hghlndr6
This ...

Attachments:
4 years 6 months ago #661165 by Garbo

garyrhook wrote: I have a ball cap that I turn around (I'm too old to care what people think now...) and a crusher-sort of hat I picked up. It has a wide brim that works well, more flexible than a ball cap but it still gets in the way and I have to push it back/

I just don't like having to wear a hat when I'm shooting, but I just deal with it.

Sounds like I need to shift my thinking a bit and do the same!

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661166 by Garbo

hghlndr6 wrote: This ...

Do those hats breath?  

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661167 by Garbo

effron wrote: My dermatologist wants me to wear a Sombrero, which is fine but I just wear a ball cap...and turn it around if needed.

LMAO that must be a site with a colorful Sombrero!  

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #661168 by hghlndr6

Garbo wrote:

hghlndr6 wrote: This ...

Do those hats breath?  

They are ventilated.  You can see two circular vents on the side of the hat in the photo.  There are two on the other side as well.  The fabric is water resistant, not water proof, and so does breathe, somewhat.  This is a GI boonie hat ... a replacement; my original issue hat wore out years ago.
4 years 6 months ago #661247 by Garbo

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661260 by Alex
I'm always wearing a hat, considering I've been losing my hair up on top, I need to always protect it from the sun.  I wear everything from base ball caps, straw hats, Scally caps, beanies when cold.  Really the only hat I can think of that I don't own is a cowboy hat!  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661275 by Chris Briggs
Put me down for base ball cap as well

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #661291 by Instamixes
I like to wear a baseball cap most of the time. It suits my style. And It protects me from direct sunlight. I like to wear hats also but not all the time.

4 years 6 months ago #661297 by EOS_Fan
Not much for wearing hats, but I do own a couple baseball caps.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024