What's your run-and-gun camera set up?

4 months 1 week ago #662002 by Paul Velasco
I hope you don't mind the question, I just noticed it's been a couple weeks since I last posted here.  And that's not how you get to know people in a community where you (me in this case) are kind of new.  

So, if you are running out the door with a bare bones kit of some sort, what do you have in your hands for a run-and-gun camera set up?

Me - Canon EOS R w/ 16-35mm (w/adapter).  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #662004 by effron
My cell phone is my "run and gun" tool.

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662018 by Paul Velasco

effron wrote: My cell phone is my "run and gun" tool.

Do you have an iPhone or Samsung?

4 months 1 week ago #662019 by SJM
Don't laugh but mine is Sony RX100 VI OR as my iPhone X 

One of the above cameras is always on me because they are small and fit in my pocket.  

Other than that, I have my D750

Country guy living in the big Apple!
Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662036 by Nikon Shooter
D3X and the trinity.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662048 by fmw
Fuji XE1 and normal zoom lens.  I put an extra battery and memory card in my pocket.

Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662054 by Cathy Kadolph
D750 and 24-70mm

But like others have mentioned my iPhone too is something I use for quick video's or still shots.  

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662081 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Paul

An interesting Q and the above are interesting answers

For me, my phone is a $19 handset purchased 4 yrs ago in a local chainstore. I think the camera is a 5mpx job, but maybe a 3mpx job - I dunno and really it doesnot matter :) However, my grab & go camera is the Panasonic FZ-200 superzoom - instantly gives me full coverage and a lens that outperforms many others by its versatility. How many dSLR or phone users can grab & go with a 24~600mm lens [film camera equiv] at their fingertips?

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 months 1 week ago #662097 by MYoung
Ask me this question just 5 years ago and my answer would have been much different.  I'm not afraid to say, for person stuff, I have my iPhone always with me and it makes a fine run and gun camera.  That doesn't justify the ridiculous price Apple charges for these things!  

Speaking of which, isn't Apple talking about bringing a plant here in the USA?  I can hardly wait to see what that does to the price of each phone.  :huh:

Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662116 by Cory J
Canon 5D III with 24-70mm, it's not the smallest form factor, but it's what I like

Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662118 by Shadowfixer1
Olympus E-M1 MKII with the 12-40 pro zoom.

4 months 1 week ago #662204 by Overread
For fun-and-gun?  ha ha ha

my iPhone 11 and Sony RX100 VI

Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #662232 by michaelsmith
It depends on the time I have
Less than five minutes - I would go for my G7X Mark III
Round '10 minutes - I would go for the 80D

4 months 1 week ago #662334 by Sharna Lee
Have you guys seen the new Samsung 43mp sensor that they came up with?

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The holy trinity of landscape photography lenses includes three zooms - a wide-angle, a standard, and a telephoto. If you can fill out your kit with these lenses, you'll be sitting pretty!

Feb 20, 2020

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

Making great videos requires that you have the capability to record superb sound. Get critical audio recording tips in this tutorial on audio tips for videographers.

Feb 19, 2020

With these urban photography tips you'll have a better idea of the gear you need and the compositional choices to make in order to get the best shots.

Feb 18, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020