What's your run-and-gun camera set up?

4 years 6 months ago #662002 by Paul Velasco
I hope you don't mind the question, I just noticed it's been a couple weeks since I last posted here.  And that's not how you get to know people in a community where you (me in this case) are kind of new.  

So, if you are running out the door with a bare bones kit of some sort, what do you have in your hands for a run-and-gun camera set up?

Me - Canon EOS R w/ 16-35mm (w/adapter).  

4 years 6 months ago #662004 by effron
My cell phone is my "run and gun" tool.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662018 by Paul Velasco

effron wrote: My cell phone is my "run and gun" tool.

Do you have an iPhone or Samsung?

4 years 6 months ago #662019 by SJM
Don't laugh but mine is Sony RX100 VI OR as my iPhone X 

One of the above cameras is always on me because they are small and fit in my pocket.  

Other than that, I have my D750

Country guy living in the big Apple!
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662036 by Nikon Shooter
D3X and the trinity.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662048 by fmw
Fuji XE1 and normal zoom lens.  I put an extra battery and memory card in my pocket.

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662054 by Cathy Kadolph
D750 and 24-70mm

But like others have mentioned my iPhone too is something I use for quick video's or still shots.  

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662081 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Paul

An interesting Q and the above are interesting answers

For me, my phone is a $19 handset purchased 4 yrs ago in a local chainstore. I think the camera is a 5mpx job, but maybe a 3mpx job - I dunno and really it doesnot matter :) However, my grab & go camera is the Panasonic FZ-200 superzoom - instantly gives me full coverage and a lens that outperforms many others by its versatility. How many dSLR or phone users can grab & go with a 24~600mm lens [film camera equiv] at their fingertips?

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 6 months ago #662097 by MYoung
Ask me this question just 5 years ago and my answer would have been much different.  I'm not afraid to say, for person stuff, I have my iPhone always with me and it makes a fine run and gun camera.  That doesn't justify the ridiculous price Apple charges for these things!  

Speaking of which, isn't Apple talking about bringing a plant here in the USA?  I can hardly wait to see what that does to the price of each phone.  :huh:

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662116 by Cory J
Canon 5D III with 24-70mm, it's not the smallest form factor, but it's what I like

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662118 by Shadowfixer1
Olympus E-M1 MKII with the 12-40 pro zoom.
4 years 6 months ago #662204 by Overread
For fun-and-gun?  ha ha ha

my iPhone 11 and Sony RX100 VI

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662232 by michaelsmith
It depends on the time I have
Less than five minutes - I would go for my G7X Mark III
Round '10 minutes - I would go for the 80D

4 years 6 months ago #662334 by Sharna Lee
Have you guys seen the new Samsung 43mp sensor that they came up with?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024