Gear Focus for selling camera gear?

4 years 5 months ago #665736 by Steve Zahra
I'm tired of using Craigslist to try to sell my used gear.  I went to Google yesterday and did some searches and found 'Gear Focus'.  

Have you bought or sold anything on this site before?  Did it go as expected?  Better yet would you recommend the site? 

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gear-Focus
4 years 5 months ago #665852 by Paris Gal
Interesting.  As long as this is better than CL, I'm very good with that.  But never heard of this site.  

5D mark II gripped | Canon 100L | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 50 1.4 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 580ex II | 430ex II x 2 |
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #665856 by Photo Amigo
I tried selling a tripod on Craigslist 2 weeks ago and ended up pulling the ad.  Way to many @#$% trying to get me to ship it if they pay me via PayPal or some sending cashiers check.  Yeah right. 

4 years 5 months ago #665875 by effron
In that instance I'd accept a paypal payment, though I'd withdraw my money prior to shipping the item sold.....Of course doing that ended my account with PP, and made me switch banks thanks to a scammer.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #665950 by Photo Amigo

effron wrote: In that instance I'd accept a paypal payment, though I'd withdraw my money prior to shipping the item sold.....Of course doing that ended my account with PP, and made me switch banks thanks to a scammer.

It's so bad how things  have gotten 

The following user(s) said Thank You: KNguyen
4 years 5 months ago #665976 by Kenya See
Not many listings on it.  Must be new.

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666114 by Chris Briggs
Did I miss something, what's the charge?  Is it free like CL?

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666291 by Overread
Looks like another Lensfinder

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666588 by Macon B
I only sell to those that I can meet in person.  Can't meet in person, you don't get my gear.  As simple as that.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: KNguyen
4 years 5 months ago #666594 by Fess Walker
I really wish Craigslist would figure out a way to control the spam.  It's a large site, heck offering such a filtering or peace of mind might be a way they could charge for use of the site.  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666613 by Steve Zahra
I see I'm not the only one frustrated.  You would expect they would do something about that.  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666752 by J Hemingway
Your best bet is just to use a dummy email address that you only use for Craigslist listings.  

Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #683666 by Gear-Focus
Hi All. We started Gear Focus as we were all frustrated in the process and options for buying and selling camera gear as well. With the lowest seller fees anywhere of only 3.5% we wanted to create one place where all creatives could buy and sell camera gear, while saving time and money. We also monitor every listing and seller and also offer our Gear Focus Protection which you can check out here:  https://www.gearfocus.com/gear-focus-protection.html

If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact us anytime. We are glad to help answer any questions. 

3 years 11 months ago #683727 by Rick Larin
Good, tired of CL crap.  Last month sold a lens on there and I was contacted by 7 scammers before I finally got someone legit.  I'm sure there are people falling for the CL tools.  Just book marked your this one for next time.  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gear-Focus, Gear-Focus-1

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024