Prograde vs Sandisk for SD memory card?

4 years 5 months ago #666556 by Sean Lamber
I saw another persons post here about a memory card brand called Prograde.  So I'm looking at their cards, and would like to know how do these compare to Sandisk cards?  

Sandisk seems to be the leader today, so would these cards even compare?  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666557 by Sean Lamber
And BTW which memory card brand are you recommending?  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666558 by Fess Walker
Peeps from Lexar started this company.  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666559 by Nikon Shooter

Sean Lamber wrote: And BTW which memory card brand are you recommending?  

… can only recommend what I know and I use and trust Sandisk
for everything and Sony for XQD.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666573 by effron
I've got about thirty Sandisk since 2005 or 06 of different size, both CF and SD without a failure in the bunch.....I'll stick with those.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666574 by Zach Mosher
+1  SanDisk has been around a very long time.  Unless someone I knew used a card, I would stick with what just works.  SanDisk.

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666601 by Macon B
I have a friend who uses their cards.  From what I know, they are a solid card.  Knock on wood for him, he has had no issues.  

4 years 5 months ago #666641 by michaelsmith
I would stick with SanDisk. I have been using Canon and SanDisk for too long and it has worked perfectly. I couldn't imagine losing my photos after a shoot just because I wanted to experiment with a lesser-known brand unless it has received stellar reviews.

4 years 5 months ago #666721 by Colorado Mike
+1 SanDisk

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666723 by Screamin Scott
What does the manufacturer of your camera say to use? they test different cards with their cameras and normally suggest which ones to use. I shoot Nikon and use mainly Sandisk. I have used Lexar but ,that said, I did have an issue with one of their cards.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666816 by Ian Stone
Both are solid cards.  I don't have any Prograde cards, but I know another photographer who picked up one of their cards and seems to be happy.  I haven't spoken with her in a few weeks so haven't heard updates.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #667126 by Luca

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #669716 by Tom Henry
Prograde makes a very good card, super fast, little pricey, but well worth it! 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024