Prograde vs Sandisk for SD memory card?

2 months 2 days ago #666556 by Sean Lamber
I saw another persons post here about a memory card brand called Prograde.  So I'm looking at their cards, and would like to know how do these compare to Sandisk cards?  

Sandisk seems to be the leader today, so would these cards even compare?  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 days ago #666557 by Sean Lamber
And BTW which memory card brand are you recommending?  

Photo Comments

2 months 2 days ago #666558 by Fess Walker
Peeps from Lexar started this company.  

Photo Comments

2 months 2 days ago #666559 by Nikon Shooter

Sean Lamber wrote: And BTW which memory card brand are you recommending?  

… can only recommend what I know and I use and trust Sandisk
for everything and Sony for XQD.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

2 months 2 days ago #666573 by effron
I've got about thirty Sandisk since 2005 or 06 of different size, both CF and SD without a failure in the bunch.....I'll stick with those.

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

2 months 2 days ago #666574 by Zach Mosher
+1  SanDisk has been around a very long time.  Unless someone I knew used a card, I would stick with what just works.  SanDisk.

Photo Comments

2 months 2 days ago #666601 by Macon B
I have a friend who uses their cards.  From what I know, they are a solid card.  Knock on wood for him, he has had no issues.  

2 months 1 day ago #666641 by michaelsmith
I would stick with SanDisk. I have been using Canon and SanDisk for too long and it has worked perfectly. I couldn't imagine losing my photos after a shoot just because I wanted to experiment with a lesser-known brand unless it has received stellar reviews.

2 months 1 day ago #666721 by Colorado Mike
+1 SanDisk

Photo Comments

2 months 1 day ago #666723 by Screamin Scott
What does the manufacturer of your camera say to use? they test different cards with their cameras and normally suggest which ones to use. I shoot Nikon and use mainly Sandisk. I have used Lexar but ,that said, I did have an issue with one of their cards.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

2 months 10 hours ago #666816 by Ian Stone
Both are solid cards.  I don't have any Prograde cards, but I know another photographer who picked up one of their cards and seems to be happy.  I haven't spoken with her in a few weeks so haven't heard updates.  

Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #667126 by Luca

Photo Comments

1 month 5 days ago #669716 by Tom Henry
Prograde makes a very good card, super fast, little pricey, but well worth it! 

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z50 is an entry-level mirrorless camera, but has many high-end features that make it an interesting proposition for many photographers. Get the scoop on this little camera in this Nikon Z50 review.

Jan 15, 2020

In this Sony a7 III vs Nikon D500 head-to-head battle, find out which camera best suits your needs for still photography and video (and your budget, too).

Jan 09, 2020

The Panasonic GH4 might be going on six years old, but it still packs a punch, even in 2020. Learn about all the specs and features of this camera in our Panasonic GH4 review.

Dec 31, 2019

If you have your eye on a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, check out its specs, pricing, and availability to be sure you get the best deal.

Dec 26, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best backdrops can make your portraits shine with beautiful colors and textures that add interest to the shot. But what are the best photography backdrops? Consult this list to find out!

Jan 22, 2020

If you're in the market for an inexpensive full frame camera this year, look no further than this list of some cheap full frame mirrorless and DSLR options.

Jan 20, 2020

What photography gear upgrades are you planning for 2020? As you update your kit, bear these essential photography accessories in mind.

Jan 20, 2020

Not sure how to earn more money as a photographer? With these photography business tips, learn how to boost your photography income and improve your bottom line.

Jan 16, 2020

You've heard resolutions for photographers before, but have you made your own? If you want to learn how to improve your photography, give these New Year's resolutions a try.

Jan 16, 2020

In this videography 101 tutorial, learn a few videography tips for beginners that will help you start creating engaging content for your viewers.

Jan 15, 2020

With these top iPhone photography accessories, you'll be better-equipped to take high-quality photos and videos.

Jan 15, 2020

The Nikon Z50 is an entry-level mirrorless camera, but has many high-end features that make it an interesting proposition for many photographers. Get the scoop on this little camera in this Nikon Z50 review.

Jan 15, 2020