Worst feeling as a photographer

4 years 4 months ago #666751 by Mason Latka
is when you get home after a long day out shooting and down load your photos.

Only to find all your photos you took are JPGs!!!

WTH

Well this sucks

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #666756 by Nikon Shooter
Oooooh… what a nightmare!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #666760 by effron
Make lemonade.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #666777 by Mike McKinnon
Dang, so what can you do?  The images can't be edited to the extent of a RAW image?

4 years 4 months ago #666793 by Nikon Shooter

Mike McKinnon wrote: The images can't be edited to the extent of a RAW image?

For sure not, Mike.

At best, Jpg files have only 1/6 of the whole record of a RAW file.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #666826 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Mason

The solution - ezy pezy matey ...

You do what the 98% of the serious JPG shooters do - you accept what's there, use a bit of nouse to examine your images, maybe play with Levels, Saturation, WB and maybe one or two more depending on your style, and you get on with it

And

Tomorrow, you remember to double-check your setup :)

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 4 months ago #666927 by Tim Kelley
Well things could have been worst.  Like no card in there, corrupt card or who knows.  JPGs are like a spare tire, they don't look pretty, but they'll get you there.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #666983 by NickSano
:agree:   1000%  

things could have bene ALOT worse 

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #667112 by Sanford
Been there and done that!  

Always make sure RAW is selected.

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #667420 by Roger Lang
My definition of worst feeling is a tad different after last year driving out to location of a job and realizing I accidentally didn't have my battery bag with me and that I would have to shoot with a 30% charged battery!  The whole time I'm praying the battery would last and some how  it did!

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #667848 by Toby J
JPG isn't the end of the world.  You can't edit it as mush as a RAW file, but at least you have it.  I bet if you opened it up in Luminar you'll get close.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668157 by KCook

Tim Kelley wrote: Well things could have been worst.  Like no card in there, corrupt card or who knows.  JPGs are like a spare tire, they don't look pretty, but they'll get you there.  

Agree :kmonst:

Worst day I had was when I forgot to load the camera with film.  Of course this was long before digital magic.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

4 years 3 months ago #670052 by Travis Brunson
My father was a big time film photographer, he shared many stories of accidentally leaving film behind, or someone once opened his camera and ruined his photos.  

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024