V60 vs V90 on memory cards

6 months 1 week ago #667127 by Luca
I was just commenting on another thread here about getting a new memory card.  I was looking at this one from Prograde  www.amazon.com/Professional-Vloggers-Fil...id=1574717490&sr=8-3

However noticed this has V60 vs others are V90.  

What exactly does this mean?  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 1 week ago #667137 by effron
V60= 60 mb/sec
V90= 90 mb/sec

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #667139 by EOS Man

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #667146 by Sanford

EOS Man wrote: Here's a good read for you  https://medium.com/@theSUBVERSIVE/understanding-sd-cards-nomenclature-bc76e7f27cf1  

Good information in that link.  Nothing more I would have added.  

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #667235 by Eliffman
Great post!  I have a V30 and V60 card here and never really knew what these figures meant as well.  Thanks all! 

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #667369 by Conner
Interesting, so V30 is  perfect for 4k video.  Kind of opens your eyes when you consider  speeds of your cards.  I never paid much attention to this either.   I have  V10 cards here that I'm using! 

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #667512 by Photo Amigo

EOS Man wrote: Here's a good read for you  https://medium.com/@theSUBVERSIVE/understanding-sd-cards-nomenclature-bc76e7f27cf1  

Very informative link.  Good article.  

6 months 6 days ago #667748 by Jon East
So V30 is the lowest you want to use for 4K video?  So what happens when you use something smaller?  

Photo Comments

6 months 3 days ago #667929 by garyrhook

Jon East wrote: So V30 is the lowest you want to use for 4K video?  So what happens when you use something smaller?  

The camera will stop recording. I know this from personal experience, which led to culling SD cards.

Photo Comments

6 months 2 days ago #668139 by Jackson Rieger

garyrhook wrote:

Jon East wrote: So V30 is the lowest you want to use for 4K video?  So what happens when you use something smaller?  

The camera will stop recording. I know this from personal experience, which led to culling SD cards.

+1  I've had the same thing happen with my Insta360.  Which is a pain because you think you are recording, then somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes it stops with out you knowing.  Then shows you error code relating to the card.  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these basic landscape photography tips, you'll be able to plan and prepare your outings so you can start taking better photos.

Jun 03, 2020

The Canon 5D Mark IV might be showing its age a bit, but it's still a great camera for 2020, particularly for shooting HD video.

Jun 03, 2020

The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is one of the best drones I've ever owned, and it's even better with these must-have Mavic 2 Pro accessories.

Jun 03, 2020

Increasing your photography income is something that could be easier than you think. Check out these ideas for making extra money so you can improve your bottom line.

Jun 03, 2020

To shoot nude photography takes time, dedication, and practice. Get a few practical tips in this introduction to nude photography.

Jun 03, 2020

Variable ND filters aren't for everyone, but they do have many benefits for photographers. In this guide, learn about the pros of variable ND filters, the cons, the difference between variable ND filters and fixed ND filters, and more.

Jun 02, 2020

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020

In this ball head buying guide, learn about the specs and features of some of the top ball heads of 2020.

Jun 01, 2020