V60 vs V90 on memory cards

2 months 1 day ago #667127 by Luca
I was just commenting on another thread here about getting a new memory card.  I was looking at this one from Prograde  www.amazon.com/Professional-Vloggers-Fil...id=1574717490&sr=8-3

However noticed this has V60 vs others are V90.  

What exactly does this mean?  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 day ago #667137 by effron
V60= 60 mb/sec
V90= 90 mb/sec

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

2 months 1 day ago #667139 by EOS Man

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments

2 months 1 day ago #667146 by Sanford

EOS Man wrote: Here's a good read for you  https://medium.com/@theSUBVERSIVE/understanding-sd-cards-nomenclature-bc76e7f27cf1  

Good information in that link.  Nothing more I would have added.  

Photo Comments

2 months 19 hours ago #667235 by Eliffman
Great post!  I have a V30 and V60 card here and never really knew what these figures meant as well.  Thanks all! 

Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #667369 by Conner
Interesting, so V30 is  perfect for 4k video.  Kind of opens your eyes when you consider  speeds of your cards.  I never paid much attention to this either.   I have  V10 cards here that I'm using! 

Photo Comments

1 month 4 weeks ago #667512 by Photo Amigo

EOS Man wrote: Here's a good read for you  https://medium.com/@theSUBVERSIVE/understanding-sd-cards-nomenclature-bc76e7f27cf1  

Very informative link.  Good article.  

1 month 3 weeks ago #667748 by Jon East
So V30 is the lowest you want to use for 4K video?  So what happens when you use something smaller?  

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #667929 by garyrhook

Jon East wrote: So V30 is the lowest you want to use for 4K video?  So what happens when you use something smaller?  

The camera will stop recording. I know this from personal experience, which led to culling SD cards.

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #668139 by Jackson Rieger

garyrhook wrote:

Jon East wrote: So V30 is the lowest you want to use for 4K video?  So what happens when you use something smaller?  

The camera will stop recording. I know this from personal experience, which led to culling SD cards.

+1  I've had the same thing happen with my Insta360.  Which is a pain because you think you are recording, then somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes it stops with out you knowing.  Then shows you error code relating to the card.  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z50 is an entry-level mirrorless camera, but has many high-end features that make it an interesting proposition for many photographers. Get the scoop on this little camera in this Nikon Z50 review.

Jan 15, 2020

In this Sony a7 III vs Nikon D500 head-to-head battle, find out which camera best suits your needs for still photography and video (and your budget, too).

Jan 09, 2020

The Panasonic GH4 might be going on six years old, but it still packs a punch, even in 2020. Learn about all the specs and features of this camera in our Panasonic GH4 review.

Dec 31, 2019

If you have your eye on a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, check out its specs, pricing, and availability to be sure you get the best deal.

Dec 26, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With options for just about every budget, this list of the best microphones of 2020 has something for everyone and just about every purpose.

Jan 24, 2020

Buying a used DSLR can be an adventure if you don't know what to look for or where to buy from. Use these tips for buying a used DSLR to get the best deal and the best quality camera possible.

Jan 23, 2020

Using a drone for B-roll is an excellent option for getting interesting footage that enhances your videos. Get a few tips for shooting B-roll with a drone in this tutorial.

Jan 23, 2020

The best backdrops can make your portraits shine with beautiful colors and textures that add interest to the shot. But what are the best photography backdrops? Consult this list to find out!

Jan 22, 2020

There are all types of graduated ND filters, each of which offers specific benefits for your landscape photography. Find out the benefits of these filters in this guide!

Jan 22, 2020

If you're in the market for an inexpensive full frame camera this year, look no further than this list of some cheap full frame mirrorless and DSLR options.

Jan 20, 2020

What photography gear upgrades are you planning for 2020? As you update your kit, bear these essential photography accessories in mind.

Jan 20, 2020

Not sure how to earn more money as a photographer? With these photography business tips, learn how to boost your photography income and improve your bottom line.

Jan 16, 2020