What has been your longest break from photography?

4 years 3 months ago #667830 by Pete Franko
I was just answering the post about the camera batteries left over time with no use.  Since I picked up my camera way back in when, I have not put my camera down for more than a week.  Let's have a little fun, what has been the longest you have taken a break from photography?

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #667832 by effron
About fifteen years.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #667841 by Nikon Shooter
After more than 40 years at it, that
experience is still in front of me…

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #667861 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Pete

Golly ..... 35~40 years ago following the divorce court, I could not afford film and processing for the best part of 10 years. Maybe I did 1x36 exp roll per year with the children while on holidays, but the love of my life was gone for this period

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 3 months ago #667878 by hghlndr6
Same as Ernesto ... About 15 years for me as well.
4 years 3 months ago #667881 by Roger Lang
2 months back in 2017, broken foot and family in town

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #667981 by Pat White
Dang, a week or two at most.  I'm always taking photos, if not with my camera, with my iPhone.  But then again, I'm still new to photography.   

4 years 3 months ago #668121 by Lostkiwi
Hmmm...
1976 through to 1996 
In 1976 my camera was stolen and I didn't replace it as I couldn't afford another. 
Then 1996 I bought a Minolta 7000AF and slowly the interest returned though it didn't properly take hold until 2001. 
Then I lost interest again in 2011 after dabbling for a couple of years in wedding photography. It's taken 8 years to rekindle the interest and strangely it's been the camera phone that was the catalyst. 

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #668160 by Office Guy
2 years, back in 2004.  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #668267 by Amy Porter
I never kept track, but I would guess a month?   And that was only because my camera had been sent in for repair and it took forever to get it back!  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #668328 by Gump
3 years in 2009.  Just life got in the way of this and a few other things.  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #668440 by Moe
Maybe five weeks? If you’re including a cell phone then I haven’t had a break in a very long time.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #668467 by Vahrenkamp
Never kept track of those breaks, but know there are a couple year breaks over the years.  I've also had a number of month breaks.  Always comes back.  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #668578 by Prago
Since taking it serious?   Like others have mentioned, I have really never kept track, but I would guess for me a month or two.  It was a while back, but it wasn't that long. 

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #668666 by MYoung

effron wrote: About fifteen years.

That's a spread.   You leaf with film and come back digital!

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024