B&H Cancels Its Return Policy. Seriously??

4 years 4 months ago #668138 by ShutterPal
A friend just sent me a message on Facebook that B&H Canceled their return policy? 

This can't be legit?  

I went to their site and didn't see anything out the ordinary.  When I did a Google search all I could find was some thread on DPR about where some guy was saying: 

"But beware that once your "rate of return" exceeds a certain threshold, they will tell you that their return policy is null and void just for you. At that point every sale requires a manager to tell you that you are buying without the right to return - for any reason.
There are lot of people that love this store, and I was one of them. Then again, people like to hate, especially in this forum, so it may be pointless but - believe me when I was warned my rate had crept up, I figured I would slow down.
I fully understand the concept of "return fraud". I was not, and never have conducted "return fraud". I never knowingly bought something to use it for the weekend and return it on Monday. Perhaps there are plenty of people that do do this. Not me."

So, if it's this, then I get it.  But they wouldn't cancel their return policy on everyone else right? 

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668144 by Ken Brun
What?  I'm sure there is SO MUCH more to this story.  They wouldn't do that to all.  That would cripple their business.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668149 by garyrhook
Have you considered not paying attention to what amounts to hearsay?

The poster may not engage in "return fraud" but it sounds like s/he was making and returning purchases more often than an average person might. And then deciding s/he should warn others that may behave similarly that they may get called out.

None of which is in any way unreasonable, IMHO. Return fraud is why Best Buy instituted a return charge on laptops many years ago. Because some people think it's okay to take advantage of the "big, bad" business. Or whatever... (waves hand dismissively).

You want facts, how about checking the B&H directly? Which is the one thing you've not mentioned doing.

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668151 by Office Guy
This guy was likely taking advantage of their system and rotating inventory.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668152 by Office Guy

garyrhook wrote: Have you considered not paying attention to what amounts to hearsay?

The poster may not engage in "return fraud" but it sounds like s/he was making and returning purchases more often than an average person might. And then deciding s/he should warn others that may behave similarly that they may get called out.

None of which is in any way unreasonable, IMHO. Return fraud is why Best Buy instituted a return charge on laptops many years ago. Because some people think it's okay to take advantage of the "big, bad" business. Or whatever... (waves hand dismissively).

You want facts, how about checking the B&H directly? Which is the one thing you've not mentioned doing.

:agree: exactly!! 

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668153 by effron
I've read blogs and posts from people bragging about ordering three or four bodies, and a few lenses, then returning most if not all under the unconditional 30 day policy. I don't blame B&H for targeting abusers of that reassuring policy one bit.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668163 by Joe Vertz
What in the world do they need with 3-4 bodies?  Man, I have more than I need with one body.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668195 by effron
Test drives.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668300 by Silver Fox
You realize how silly this sounds?

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668314 by effron
Whatever.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #668441 by Moe
I’m sure add Adorama  and Amazon would love for them to do this LOL

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024