Close call - photographer nearly killed by semi truck

1 month 2 weeks ago #671187 by Miss Polly
WOW

Talk about a close call for all there

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #671193 by effron
NEVER leave your car on an interstate! Yikes!

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #671198 by garyrhook
I watched this video a few times last week, and followed up on the idiot semi driver and the fog.

As for "close call" there was a person in the pickup that got crushed by the trailer. Not a "close call" at all for him. Someone else got badly hurt, too, IIRC; two folks got sent to the hospital.

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671200 by Miss Polly
True, but scary regardless.  That semi driver was rushing too fast.  WAY too fast.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671228 by garyrhook

Miss Polly wrote: True, but scary regardless.  That semi driver was rushing too fast.  WAY too fast.  

Welcome to Texas.

The drivers here are idiots in inclement weather. Fog, rain, whatever. Except for the ones that slow down to 20 mph when a few drops fall from the sky.

I honestly can't roll my eyes heavenward enough.

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671236 by Ben Vanderbilt
Lucky no one was killed in that accident.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671310 by Joe Peterson
OMG that is nuts.  More reason to stay put when heavy fog like this occurs.  You always hear about these sort of bad accidents taking place when heavy fog.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671325 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

yeah - we have these idiots Downunder as well - tho (no offence meant) you seem to have more than we do, possibly as our max highway speeds are lower than USA

There have been times when I am on the freeway towards Sydney, it's raining heavily, roads potentially are slippery, but idiots in cars, trucks etc are still doing the max of 110km/h (60 mph) .... while I travel the motorhome in the 85-90km/h range and am the slowest on the highway

ps- Gary ... I am not familiar with "IIRC" ~ what does it mean please
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 month 2 weeks ago #671336 by Moe
I just watch this four times and I am floored. Talk about a good time to get friendly with Jesus LOL

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671338 by garyrhook

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: ps- Gary ... I am not familiar with "IIRC" ~ what does it mean please

If I recall correctly

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In many situations, a small travel tripod just doesn't give you the stability you need for your camera and accessories. But Octopad is a fantastic tripod alternative that offers top-notch support without taking up a ton of space.

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

The GoPro MAX is a fun 360-degree camera, but getting the best photos and videos with it requires that you learn a few tips. Get some insider tips in this quick tutorial!

Feb 14, 2020

Do you have your first photo shoot coming up soon? Get ready for it with these first-time photo shoot tips!

Feb 13, 2020

B-roll is an essential part of creating the story you tell in your videos. The question is, what's the best lens for B-roll - a 50mm or 85mm? Find out in this head-to-head comparison.

Feb 13, 2020

With these simple travel photography hacks, you'll learn how to plan, prepare, and execute a more successful photography adventure...and possibly make money while doing it!

Feb 13, 2020

It's official! Canon made their Canon EOS R5 announcement yesterday, confirming many rumored features, including IBIS and 8K video.

Feb 13, 2020