Best National Parks in USA for photographers to visit?

1 month 2 weeks ago #671941 by Pierce Steenken
You hear about restrictions with certain parks and this had me wondering what were the best National Parks from a photographic standpoint in the U.S.?  

Actually lets include Canada.  Speaking of Canada, can you fly drones in their National Parks?  I'll Google that and hopefully will find that answer.  Just in case I didn't, if you happen to know the answer, don't be shy.  Thank you!

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #671947 by effron
Most of the national parks are photogenic. It also depends on the time of year. Yellowstone in winter, Acadia in fall, etc....

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671948 by effron
I also remember reading that the US National parks have banned drones, but that needs verification.....

Why so serious?
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671950 by Tim Dordeck
Canada you need to license to fly a drone period.  Check that before you fly there.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #671984 by garyrhook
A number of comments:

No drones in National Parks. Period. Thankfully.

The only other restrictions are for commercial work. Peasants have no such worries.

Don't know about "certain parks".... specifics, please?

Best National Park? The newest one: White Sands National Park. I'm so happy about that I could cry. 62 parks and counting.

Seriously, though, any NP is a good NP. They're all amazing. If you haven't watched the Ken Burns film, you should.

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672151 by I shoot RAW
Best park IMO is Yellowstone and Yosemite 

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672308 by Uplander
The most beautiful IMHO is Banff in Canada.  This place is just mesmerizing.  

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672316 by garyrhook

Uplander wrote: The most beautiful IMHO is Banff in Canada.  This place is just mesmerizing.  

Despite thoughts to the contrary, Canada is not a US state, territory, or province.  ;)

That said, anywhere in BC or Alberta is basically awesome.

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672408 by Sanford

garyrhook wrote:

Uplander wrote: The most beautiful IMHO is Banff in Canada.  This place is just mesmerizing.  

Despite thoughts to the contrary, Canada is not a US state, territory, or province.  ;)

That said, anywhere in BC or Alberta is basically awesome.

True, but OP specifically stated to include Canada.  

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672423 by I shoot RAW

Wasn't there a Bill Murray movie filmed up there a few years back in that Fairmont hotel at the end of the lake?

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672570 by garyrhook

Sanford wrote: True, but OP specifically stated to include Canada.

Right you are. I was going off of the title. My bad. Apologies.

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672571 by garyrhook

I shoot RAW wrote:

Wasn't there a Bill Murray movie filmed up there a few years back in that Fairmont hotel at the end of the lake?

You refer to Lake Louise? Quite possibly. It's a popular locale.

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672647 by effron
OP, they've all been photographed to death, do a google earth and take a virtual tour.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672700 by Ontherocks
Anyone here visit all the national parks in the U.S.?  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The holy trinity of landscape photography lenses includes three zooms - a wide-angle, a standard, and a telephoto. If you can fill out your kit with these lenses, you'll be sitting pretty!

Feb 20, 2020

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

Making great videos requires that you have the capability to record superb sound. Get critical audio recording tips in this tutorial on audio tips for videographers.

Feb 19, 2020

With these urban photography tips you'll have a better idea of the gear you need and the compositional choices to make in order to get the best shots.

Feb 18, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020