$8300 for new Leica M10 Monochrom camera??

4 years 2 months ago #673598 by Sanford
Seriously who in their right mind would buy a $8300 black and white only camera in 2020?  

I don't get some of the decisions that some of these camera manufactures make.  

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673600 by effron
Leica has its fans, but I see NO Leica branded gear in my future...and I'm no swami.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673650 by Inez Villarin
This camera has a color screen in the back right?  Why??  The camera is B&W.  

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673668 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day mate

Hand made - bespoke by another name - you pay for the finess, the perfection etc
Wanna compare a Rolls Royce to a Ford ?

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 2 months ago #673833 by Scott Klubeck
And I bet they are sold out of that camera already!  

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673849 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Scott

A decade ago I was at a moutain top lookout and the fella alongside me had a Leica plus lenses in a shoulder bag. We got chatting and I noticed that his camera was set to 'auto' so offered him some extra thoughts on camera settings etc

When I asked about the camera plus lenses when it was obvious that he was a novice, his reply was along the lines of "well I'm a retired dentist so I can afford a good camera and I asked around for what is the best camera to buy ... so I did"

4 years 2 months ago #673914 by Sawyer
+1 agree, Leica fan boy and girls will be lining up outside Leica building like it's a new Apple iPhone :rofl:

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #673946 by Finn
Nice camera, must not something I would even consider.  

Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #674030 by Garbo
Beautiful camera, but not my cup of tea.  

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #674146 by Pat White
Way over priced for my budget.  But cool camera either way.  

4 years 2 months ago #674174 by Chuck Liley
I'd love to have a Leica lens, not a new one.  Well new if it looked old.  But there is no way I can cough up that kind of green when you can get so much more for far less.  I just love the retro look of their cameras.  But price wise, they are shooting their self in the foot for new clients.   Just my 2 cents.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #674451 by EOS Man

effron wrote: Leica has its fans, but I see NO Leica branded gear in my future...and I'm no swami.

1000% with you on this one.  Overpriced and not the best value. 

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #674493 by Paul Velasco
pass

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024