Dropped all my heavy gear for simple setup and it produces this kind of result!

1 month 1 day ago #673747 by learnphoto
I bought X-T20 in 2019 for NZD$850 and a used 18-55 for NZD$350.
Boy, it blows my mind! I am able to get sharp, crisp and low noise shot with this USD800 combo.
 I traveled the japan getting every shot as how I wanted. 
The only limitation is MYSELF. I am able to be more agile. More mobile=speed=more shots.
img\def

img\def

img\def

img\def

upload
Now comes the VIDEO! It is AMAZING for its price!

Must watch in 4K: Osaka 4K Video

Just set -2 highlight, -2 shadow, standard profile and you are good to go without colour grading.
The standard profile gives you natural yet pleasing colours. The AF is OK with most slow subject. 
Good luck to camera buyers out there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 day ago #673809 by effron
Looks great....

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 month 11 hours ago #673872 by garyrhook
Those are nice.

But I have news for you: it's not the camera. The equipment is irrelevant.

Photo Comments

1 month 10 hours ago #673879 by Tom-Dinning

garyrhook wrote: Those are nice.

thats not totally true, is it Gary?
the fact that he’s not lugging around Kg of gear has to account for something.
Sensors and processors vary considerably I would think.
ease of use might assist in progressing the compositional skills.

With such a huge range of choice in gear it’s not possible to make a decision based on your talents and skills. Even the price can be a factor. 

I know what you mean, though. I’m not over impressed by cameras unless it might make a difference to the way I might do things, even if it’s just to carry it around.

but to say a camera is irrelevant is a bit of an over-stretch.
Lets say the camera is a compulsory item in the process but if your skills are up to scratch you’ll probably do a reasonable job anyway.

and who doesn’t like a nice new fancy camera to flash about and impress people with?

Photo Comments

1 month 3 hours ago #673889 by effron
Gary was crediting the photographer, who obviously has some skills. He was correct, the shooter would have done at least as well with a "big heavy" dslr. So the gear was not the factor. Most of us will go lighter at some point, it will become mandatory in the future.

Why so serious?
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 month 1 hour ago - 1 month 1 hour ago #673898 by garyrhook

Tom-Dinning wrote:

garyrhook wrote: Those are nice.

thats not totally true, is it Gary?
the fact that he’s not lugging around Kg of gear has to account for something.
Sensors and processors vary considerably I would think.
ease of use might assist in progressing the compositional skills.

You've (mostly) agreed with my point: if the photographer doesn't love their equipment (*ahem*) as if it were an extension of their hand, then that's on them. It has nothing to do with the gear, it has to do with the mental state of the photographer. Don't you think?

As for sensors/etc, we have years of celebrated work that is, technically, often second rate. So, no, I don't think that's it. Gear can enable, but it's up to the photographer to take advantage of that.

I've got more stories, but I won't bore you. Most agree, it's not the camera.

Photo Comments

1 month 35 minutes ago - 1 month 33 minutes ago #673901 by Nikon Shooter

Tom-Dinning wrote: … thats not totally true…

"Not totally" is the correct choice of works.

True is that all creativity using technology must be supported by
tools quality related with the task. The only absolute is relativity.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

1 month 31 minutes ago #673903 by effron

Nikon Shooter wrote:

Tom-Dinning wrote: … thats not totally true…

"Not totally" is the correct choice of works.

True is that all creativity using technology must be supported by
tools quality related with the task. The only absolute is relativity.

That skirted the point of the debate.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D750 might be six years old, but it's still a great value in 2020. Learn about the Nikon D750 specs, features, price, and more in this quick review.

Feb 20, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Learning how to display photos on a wall is a simple matter of learning a few tricks of the trade.

Feb 24, 2020

Setting your real estate photography pricing is a crucial step in building your business. But pricing isn't a completely straightforward process. Get some insights into photography pricing in this guide.

Feb 21, 2020

Real estate photography takes time to perfect, but with these tips on real estate photography gear, composition tips for real estate photography, and more, you'll get a leg up on starting your business the right way.

Feb 20, 2020

Wondering how to turn your photography hobby into a career? In this article, learn some professional photography tips to help you start your photography business.

Feb 20, 2020

The Nikon D750 might be six years old, but it's still a great value in 2020. Learn about the Nikon D750 specs, features, price, and more in this quick review.

Feb 20, 2020

The holy trinity of landscape photography lenses includes three zooms - a wide-angle, a standard, and a telephoto. If you can fill out your kit with these lenses, you'll be sitting pretty!

Feb 20, 2020

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

Making great videos requires that you have the capability to record superb sound. Get critical audio recording tips in this tutorial on audio tips for videographers.

Feb 19, 2020