Two Of My Photo Are Going To Be In A Gallery In NYC.

4 years 1 month ago #676857 by thephotoman
Last year, I found out about this cool photography opportunity to share your photos with people around the world in print. It's called the Print Swap and it's for sharing your photos with other photographers anywhere in the world, if chosen they will print out our photo(s) and mail it to another photographer(s) and in return you get to select a photo(s) from another participating photographer(s). Also, last year they were selecting certain Print Swap Participants to be in "The Other Art Show" in Sydney, Australia. It's like a big fine art festival hosted by Staachi Art a website for selling fine art in different mediums. My photo of a Roseate Spoonbill was chosen to be on display in Sydney. This year, I found out that all participating photographers are going to have their photo(s) displayed in The Foley Gallery in NYC and two of my photos were chosen. 

Here's the photo from last year and below that the two that will be on display in March. 

Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: TAMRON 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD B028
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Captured: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 14:07pm
Model: Canon EOS 70D
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/5.0
Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec
Captured: Thu, 24 May 2018 8:33am
Model: Canon EOS R
ISO: 160
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter speed: 1/80 sec
Captured: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 4:56am

Attachments:
4 years 1 month ago #676859 by Crammer
Way to go!  That top shot is amazing, how did you get the perfect black background for that one?  The colors really jump off it.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #676879 by Khelm
+1 I also would like to ask about the composition of the photo--specifically the background.  Thanks

4 years 1 month ago #676894 by thephotoman
The way I get my black backgrounds is, I adjust the sliders so that the majority of the background is dark or black, then I take the adjustment brush in Lightroom and change the exposure, contrast, and black settings, and brush the rest of the photo until the background is completely black. 

I know most people probably think it was shot that way, but it was done in Lightroom. I also did some cropping as well. The contrast and sharpness was mostly done in Luminar to bring out the colors. 

4 years 1 month ago #676897 by Brachenland
I'm mot sure I want someone else photo being sent to me a swap per-say. One can also do this type of "easy" exhibition with the use of Gurushots or Viewbug . The only trouble is, I'm not willing to associate or link any bank account or credit card to have my work showcased by both of these services. I've been pushing both of these services to offer or amend how they do things. I want to be able to pay with a prepaid  visa/master card or a type of gift card. So until this happens, one will prob never see any of my works at any of these site's exhibitions. I guess I'm thankful I've been asked to showcase locally instead. But one never knows if someone viewing my work at this exhibit would offer to have more of my work featured ins another show somewhere else in the world. As I go into more detail within this link:  www.photographytalk.com/forum/editing-an...y-exhibition-benefit

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #676938 by thephotoman
You actually don’t have to pay unless your photos get approved for the swap. Although, last year they didn’t automatically get included in the Art Show, mine just happen to get selected for that also. However, this year they are also including the photos in exhibitions at certain galleries depending on when you submitted your work. They also made me sign a contract last year, because they would be trying to sell the work at the fair for a commission, but I got to set the price. It didn’t end up selling, so they destroyed the print afterwards. They made a 16x20 print exclusively for the Art Show. They also sent me photos of the display since I couldn’t make it all the way to Australia. 

I do see your point though. They say the $40 for each photo is for them to get it printed and mailed out to the other photographer. I think they also accepted PayPal payments as well. They are also the owners of the FeatureShoot blog which I knew of from the past to be legit. 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024