It's time to call out China's BS!

4 years 3 weeks ago #677914 by Nikon Shooter

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #677935 by effron
They aren't very popular currently, methinks.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #677992 by Ian Stone
WELL SAID!  

It's easy to be bitter to Chinese people right now.  Put aside some other very valid points in the video, this whole Corona Virus started with them. I'm sorry, but many Chinese people are dirty dirty people.  Just like they are known for cutting corners to make a buck, It's clear they will attempt to cut corners with the Corona Virus, and the rest of the world suffers.  

But as this guy points out, we can't treat Chinese people differently.  Really it's the Chinese government that needs to be held blame.  

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #677994 by Nikon Shooter

Ian Stone wrote: I'm sorry, but many Chinese people are dirty dirty people.

Right, just like London, Paris, Boston, Montréal, etc a hundred
and fifty years ago.

In 1833, sanitary waste was allowed into the storm sewer system. Using the storm
sewer to drain sanitary waste was the first appearance of a combined sewer system
in Boston. The practice proliferated throughout the city and just one year later, the
city encouraged adding rainwater from roofs to the system to assist in flushing the
sewers of sanitary waste. This flushing did not solve the problem. Health issues re-
lated to water contamination, such as cholera, typhoid, and dysentery, began to in-
crease among Bostonians. — Boston Water and Sewer Commission

Ian Stone wrote: Just like they are known for cutting corners to make a buck,  

Everybody is… and not all only in hardship.

Ian Stone wrote: But as this guy points out, we can't treat Chinese people differently.  Really it's the Chinese government that needs to be held blame.  

Agreed!

I went many places and met with many peoples and, sorry Ian,
humans come in very different flavours but we're all the same,
some by desperation, some by greed.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #677999 by Ian Stone
:agree:  I hope to see China making some changes soon!

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678000 by Nikon Shooter

Ian Stone wrote: :agree:  I hope to see China making some changes soon!

Nationalism is the worst of all "ism"…
specially when fuelled with fear. The
same applies to all "isms" IMO.

Have a good one, Ian.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678038 by fmw

Nikon Shooter wrote:

Ian Stone wrote: :agree:  I hope to see China making some changes soon!

Have a good one, Ian.

I'm flying blind here since I can't watch internet videos.  But I would be interested in what you see as the difference between nationalism and love of country.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678049 by effron

Nikon Shooter wrote:

No fear involved with a respect for each others' borders, methinks.....Lots of isms out there.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678056 by Nikon Shooter

fmw wrote: I'm flying blind here since I can't watch internet videos.  But I would be interested in what you see as the difference between nationalism and love of country.

Noble but often misused, the difference you mean is patriotism.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678057 by Nikon Shooter

effron wrote: No fear involved with a respect for each others' borders, methinks.....Lots of isms out there.

No fear, Ernesto? Your economy is running in a large part
on it — greed, ambitions, and envy are some other drivers.

None of those will produce a proper computer, or a space
exploration vehicle, a safer car, even an electric version of
it, but you innovation, engineering and research skills are
those that are necessary for the well being of this planet.

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678077 by effron
Yes, we mostly know how it works. I won't comment on the way you spat out "Patriotism", I'll drop it here...its heading political.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678097 by Ben Vanderbilt
I'll give a good bump for a very interesting message found in the video.  China does need a wake up call. 

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678099 by Nikon Shooter

Ben Vanderbilt wrote: I'll give a good bump for a very interesting message found in the video.  China does need a wake up call. 

Ooooh yes but repression is not easy to shake off.
Once done though…

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678191 by KENT MELTON
BUMP!!!!

Photo Comments
4 years 3 weeks ago #678205 by effron

KENT MELTON wrote: BUMP!!!!

+1

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024