Are you cancelling your photography travels because of coronavirus?

4 years 1 month ago #678468 by ShutterPal
I had some trips planned this summer and fall.  I'm wondering if it would be better to play it safe and cancel these trips?  Or do you feel this will blow on over?

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678503 by Zach Mosher
Not yet, but we are not booking anything new at this point either

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678546 by garyrhook
There's barely a test to identify it, there's no known treatment (other than symptomatic) and it's apparently most dangerous to those with compromised systems.

Does that describe you?

Then leave your reservations in place for now, stay aware, and be patient.

And wash your hands.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678548 by Tim Kelley
The problem with this Gary, is that even if you have a strong immune system, you can carry it.  My parents, like many of us have are older and would likely catch this and not fair as well.  

So for me, I'm staying put.  Not because of my immune system.  I'm strong as a goat.  But my parents that I see almost daily are older and already have health issues.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678559 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

I think that it would depend upon what sort of travel you were contemplating - and the mode of transport

Local travel- on the ground - away from known hot-spots - would seem to be okay
O'seas travel by air- sadly aircraft are known to be incubators of coughs and sniffles, but even then, if you were going to a cold-spot rather than a hot-spot, you would probably come home okay

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 1 month ago #678583 by effron
My wife and I have a couple "local" trips planned but not to populated areas. We are "older" but I'm not changing anything. 

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678597 by garyrhook

Tim Kelley wrote: The problem with this Gary, is that even if you have a strong immune system, you can carry it.  My parents, like many of us have are older and would likely catch this and not fair as well.  

So for me, I'm staying put.  Not because of my immune system.  I'm strong as a goat.  But my parents that I see almost daily are older and already have health issues.  

No argument at all. While that's not what the OP asked, it still comes down to common sense, plus the fact that this virus appears to be no more dangerous than any current flu virus. So prophylactic methods apply period. You go see your parents, watch your coughing, and wash your hands. And encourage others to do the same.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678602 by Photo Amigo
No, going to stick around till this blows over.  

4 years 1 month ago #678616 by Ira Weber
We are not planning any trips to Italy or China, that is for sure.  But as of right now today, we are going to move forward with our existing travel plans as they involve areas with lower groups of people and some are driving trips.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678640 by Fess Walker
We did have a cruise planned for Alaska, we did cancel that.  No interest in getting stuck on a boat for quarantine.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678884 by Pat White
Trump bans Europe travel, so if that was one of your locations, you have no choice to stay put.  Honestly for me and my family, that is exactly what we are doing.  

4 years 1 month ago #678886 by Nikon Shooter
Since, one infected, I become a vector of the infectious pathogen myself… :(

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678892 by CharleyL
Not going anywhere more than 100 miles from home for the next few months. I may even shrink that down if it shows up closer. I had been planning a trip to NY and CT, then possibly into Canada, but  I cancelled my travel plans for that. I had a flu shot last Fall and got the flu anyway in January. It was a rough one for me, so I don't want to take the chance on getting another this year. I'm 78 now with too much wrong with me to consider taking any chances. I hate being sick away from home too.

We are stocking up on food and supplies, disinfectant, and hand sanitizer, so we can hold out on even grocery shopping, if things should get bad near here. I'm keeping more cash on hand than usual too. If the banks have no one to open them or fill the teller machines, cash may be the only answer. If it gets this bad, prices for what you need may get crazy high too. Buy now, if you can.

Charley

4 years 1 month ago #678957 by Uplander
Heck yes, not doing squat for a few months! 

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #678969 by effron
I'm finding domestic travel a breeze currently. Flights, hotels and such are quite available and inexpensive...The wife and I just reserved a Maine coast cabin this summer for half the normal cost, nobody is planning travel right now. 

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024