Are you cancelling your photography travels because of coronavirus?

4 years 1 month ago #678976 by KevinS
I've been looking at flights and it's tempting to book something short notice for a quick springtime trip. However, concerns with the virus have stopped me from finalizing any plans.

4 years 1 month ago #678980 by Tim Wiener
I was looking at international travel cost and things are substantially less than normal.  I was thinking of booking something later this year, and gamble that this will blow over by then.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679029 by ShutterPal
I ended up cancelling summer trips, the fall trips I'm going to keep active for another month or so.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679090 by Mike McKinnon
Europe trip in August was just cancelled. However I'm going to take more local trips.  After all, when I'm out, I'm alone most of the time anyway.  

4 years 1 month ago #679097 by Nikon Shooter
Two location work were plan early this Spring in Italy and Hungary.
Italy was postponed and it doesn't look good for Budapest either.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679102 by effron
I wouldn't cancel long range plans yet, this will play out in the northern hemisphere as it warms.....(hopefully)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679105 by Mike McKinnon
Well aren't they already working on a cure?  

4 years 1 month ago #679106 by Nikon Shooter
Yes, many labs in many countries are working on
a vaccine… it should not be too far away, I hope!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679107 by Shadowfixer1

Mike McKinnon wrote: Well aren't they already working on a cure?  

Working on it and finding it are two totally different things. We just always assume a cure or vaccine will be found. That may not be the case here or at some point in the future with some other deadly disease.
4 years 1 month ago #679157 by effron

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Working on it and finding it are two totally different things.

Roger that, then mass production and distribution will take a long time. Expect no cure very soon.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679182 by EOS Man
+1 exactly.  Look at HIV/AIDS, how long it look to come up with medicine for that. 

In terms of travel?  I don't think any of us will have many options soon.  

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679372 by Ian Stone
LOL I'm in the belly of the beast already

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679428 by effron
Yeah, we're getting cancellations from everywhere lately. In time we'll all be affected.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024