Meeting up with clients to take portrait, any different with Covid 19?

4 years 1 month ago #679592 by Cory J
Considering this whole Covid 19 thing going on.  When you meet with people that have paid you already and they don't want to cancel or reschedule, are you showing up in a Hazmat suit?  Mask and face mask?  I feel fine, but have no interest in getting sick.  

What are you doing different to protect yourself so you can make income? 

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679595 by Nikon Shooter
Strict basic hygiene and the two meter rule should be ok
but since it is not visible…

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679612 by Cory J
What is you have to position them where normally you would move them asking if OK to move their arm or shoulder (as example).  Would you wear gloves?  Or would that be insulting? 

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679613 by Nikon Shooter
One is not supposed to touch anybody anyway… not professional.
Play "mirror like" what you want them to do under the circumstan-
ces… they should understand.

This is what and how I would do but it is your/their health.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679614 by effron
Common sense should prevail. If you have concerns, don't do the shoot.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679628 by garyrhook

Cory J wrote: What is you have to position them where normally you would move them asking if OK to move their arm or shoulder (as example).  Would you wear gloves?  Or would that be insulting? 

The problem is not just touching, it's mucus membranes, including ears, and proximity. So gloves really aren't adequate. They also don't protect them from touching something then touching their own face.

Use your words. It's good practice anyways.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679633 by Cory J

effron wrote: Common sense should prevail. If you have concerns, don't do the shoot.

I get that, however people can have it and look totally healthy. That is where I was going with this.  Common sense in this situation has nothing to do with it, as I have no clue if they are sick no more than they do.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679636 by Nikon Shooter
The corona virus is no more dangerous than the common cold
if your immune system has got the response for it, that is.

Many will be unaffected but will still be vectors of the pathogen
and that why distanciation is crucial until a vaccin in found.

So, depending on your medical condition, your age — or theirs —
the better strategy is a no risk one. I h pe you stay well Cory.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679642 by Chris Briggs
Use rubber gloves

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679654 by CaptNemo
I have clients that want to continue with photo shoot as well.  So would you recommend having something about Covid 19 in the contract to remove your liability?  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679662 by Nikon Shooter

CaptNemo wrote: I have clients that want to continue with photo shoot as well.  So would you recommend having something about Covid 19 in the contract to remove your liability?  

No, no recommendation from me just sharing information.

My point of view is:
How loud, often, with how many colours can one say "I'm sorry!"
eventually? …

That virus is not a big gun that everyone can see and fear but a
tiny needle that is easily over looked and ignored.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679670 by effron
Especially if you're in the most easily affected group, assume ALL people are infected. That's common sense and has everything to do with it.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679671 by effron

CaptNemo wrote: I have clients that want to continue with photo shoot as well.  So would you recommend having something about Covid 19 in the contract to remove your liability?  

How about, don't touch them and sanitize when done. I think I heard the virus enters via membranes, there's a clue.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 1 month ago #679730 by Chris Briggs
True, so technically to play it safe, you should have mask and some sort of coverage over your eyes if you get close.  Or practice a strict 6' distance.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024