Can you tell how many prints a photo printer has printed?

1 month 3 weeks ago #680590 by Chase Audate
I'm considering buying a used Epson photo printer.  Is there a way to tell how many photos the printer has taken?  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #680592 by Nikon Shooter
Not that I know.

What to conclude when large and small prints
all count for one each?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #680593 by garyrhook
That would be a function of the printer, and would not be consistent between models, much less brands.

Since you have indicated neither the brand nor the model, your best bet is to use the power of the google. If it can't answer the question directly, then suggest searching a PDF copy of the user manual.

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #680594 by Chase Audate

garyrhook wrote: That would be a function of the printer, and would not be consistent between models, much less brands.

Since you have indicated neither the brand nor the model, your best bet is to use the power of the google. If it can't answer the question directly, then suggest searching a PDF copy of the user manual.

I did say the brand.  Epson.  The only part I didn't include is the model which is P800.  Thought brand would have been enough.  I did search Google too, however couldn't find anything.  I thought something like this would be something available.  I just couldn't find anything, hence posting here.  

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #680600 by Ira Weber
No, not that I'm aware of.  Although, might not be a bad idea to reach out to Epson and just check.  

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #680663 by Shadowfixer1
There may be something in the diagnostics that a technician can access that would tell how much ink, etc. it may have gone through. I know my HP does and I found out how to access it in chat groups for that printer. No idea about Epson.

1 month 3 weeks ago #680674 by garyrhook

Chase Audate wrote: Epson.  The only part I didn't include is the model which is P800.  Thought brand would have been enough.  I did search Google too, however couldn't find anything.  I thought something like this would be something available.  I just couldn't find anything, hence posting here.  

Gah! You did. Apologies for missing that.

I did a search, and found a reference to an Epson that reported number of prints. My 3880 does not. I don't think the P800 does, either (being a replacement for the 3880).

It's a software function, and I don't know that it matters to most.

Agree that asking Epson would be the next step.

The question I would ask is, why is the seller selling? They don't use it, or they need a bigger/better/faster model? If the former, you'll likely have to change cartridges then be good to go, and it will likely be a great device. If the latter, find out how much it got used.

Again, my bad apologies for not being careful in my response.

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #680698 by Wyrick Photography
Not that I have heard.  As already mentioned check with Epson.  They would know.  

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

In the Fujifilm X-T2 vs Fujifulm X-T3 battle, which one comes out on top? These cameras are evenly matched, yet have distinct advantages all their own.

May 05, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

There are more ways to carry camera gear than the strap that came with your camera. Give one of these beautiful, well-made, comfortable options a try.

May 20, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Offering your clients a high-quality photo album is a great idea. Offering them bespoke photo album add-ons is an even better option!

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

In this Snaptiles vs Mixtiles comparison, learn which photo tile is better from a build quality standpoint and ease of use.

May 19, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020