Can you tell how many prints a photo printer has printed?

3 years 11 months ago #680590 by Chase Audate
I'm considering buying a used Epson photo printer.  Is there a way to tell how many photos the printer has taken?  

Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #680592 by Nikon Shooter
Not that I know.

What to conclude when large and small prints
all count for one each?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #680593 by garyrhook
That would be a function of the printer, and would not be consistent between models, much less brands.

Since you have indicated neither the brand nor the model, your best bet is to use the power of the google. If it can't answer the question directly, then suggest searching a PDF copy of the user manual.

Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #680594 by Chase Audate

garyrhook wrote: That would be a function of the printer, and would not be consistent between models, much less brands.

Since you have indicated neither the brand nor the model, your best bet is to use the power of the google. If it can't answer the question directly, then suggest searching a PDF copy of the user manual.

I did say the brand.  Epson.  The only part I didn't include is the model which is P800.  Thought brand would have been enough.  I did search Google too, however couldn't find anything.  I thought something like this would be something available.  I just couldn't find anything, hence posting here.  

Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #680600 by Ira Weber
No, not that I'm aware of.  Although, might not be a bad idea to reach out to Epson and just check.  

Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #680663 by Shadowfixer1
There may be something in the diagnostics that a technician can access that would tell how much ink, etc. it may have gone through. I know my HP does and I found out how to access it in chat groups for that printer. No idea about Epson.
3 years 11 months ago #680674 by garyrhook

Chase Audate wrote: Epson.  The only part I didn't include is the model which is P800.  Thought brand would have been enough.  I did search Google too, however couldn't find anything.  I thought something like this would be something available.  I just couldn't find anything, hence posting here.  

Gah! You did. Apologies for missing that.

I did a search, and found a reference to an Epson that reported number of prints. My 3880 does not. I don't think the P800 does, either (being a replacement for the 3880).

It's a software function, and I don't know that it matters to most.

Agree that asking Epson would be the next step.

The question I would ask is, why is the seller selling? They don't use it, or they need a bigger/better/faster model? If the former, you'll likely have to change cartridges then be good to go, and it will likely be a great device. If the latter, find out how much it got used.

Again, my bad apologies for not being careful in my response.

Photo Comments
3 years 11 months ago #680698 by Wyrick Photography
Not that I have heard.  As already mentioned check with Epson.  They would know.  

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024