When do you think we'll be able to get back out shooting?

4 years 1 week ago #681576 by Kitzmiller
I avoid watching the news like the plague.  No pun intended.

Is there any target months when we all will be able to get back outdoors??

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #681578 by Nikon Shooter
I just came back from the marsh… 167 shots in the box.

I go there everyday making sure distanciation is kept.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #681631 by CharleyL
I go out now, but I live on 3 acres with 1,600' of lake shore, so I just stay on my own property and away from the neighbors. The lake is about 275 acres in size, so plenty of small wildlife, and wetland flowers to photograph.  If you have a local park very close by, the park facilities and restrooms are likely closed, but the park land is usually still open. I would go there, just stay away from other people, and take some photos. The fresh clean air and exercise will do you good.

Charley

4 years 1 week ago #681641 by Sullop
Well I don't think we will be able to walk freely until end of May minimum. Lets see... 

4 years 1 week ago #681666 by Pat White
I'm going out for a nature walk on Saturday with my camera.  Not even a mile from my home and hardly anyone on it.  

4 years 1 week ago #681674 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

Downunder is much the same ~ local outdoors walking allowed provided 1,5m / 6ft separation between non-family groups, but vehicle travel frowned upon unless for 10-or so defined reasons (food shopping / medical / employment etc)

Our gov't people are still talking about a) flattening of the curve is starting, b) no-one will be completely 'safe' with out a vaccine, and c) that vaccine is not expected within 2 yrs.  We are reminded that the Ebola vccine was trialled after 18 months, refined some more, but took 5yrs before the US-FDA licenced it for general use

Phil

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 1 week ago #681709 by Ben Vanderbilt
I'm going out in 45 minutes.  Nothing extravagant.  Just a nature trail near my house. 

Photo Comments
4 years 6 days ago #682015 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

In Oz our pollies are taking the lead from our medical scientists and economic leaders - and the info we are getting is 1000% different from what Trump is giving Americans

Our infection rate is falling - has been now for 2-weeks since the travel and people-gatherings restrictions came into force.  Looking up the Johns Hopkins data for C-19 numbers on a 'per-capita' basis, Oz is way, way under the US in cases per million people because of these gov't actions

The other side of the equation is the 'flattening of the curve' charts showing when the curve meets zero or almost zero ... and that is between 75 days and 90 days from day-1, the day when we had our 100-cases start point on the charts

4 years 4 days ago #682182 by Tim Kelley
I'm going out in my huge back yard each day.  Heading out in 10 minutes too!  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 days ago #682183 by Tim Kelley

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: G'day all

In Oz our pollies are taking the lead from our medical scientists and economic leaders - and the info we are getting is 1000% different from what Trump is giving Americans

Our infection rate is falling - has been now for 2-weeks since the travel and people-gatherings restrictions came into force.  Looking up the Johns Hopkins data for C-19 numbers on a 'per-capita' basis, Oz is way, way under the US in cases per million people because of these gov't actions

The other side of the equation is the 'flattening of the curve' charts showing when the curve meets zero or almost zero ... and that is between 75 days and 90 days from day-1, the day when we had our 100-cases start point on the charts

How so?  Just wondering what you guys are doing that is working?  :thx2:

Photo Comments
4 years 4 days ago #682185 by Nikon Shooter

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: … the info we are getting is 1000% different from what Trump is giving Americans

Not many in Europe are taking seriously anything 
he says and specially about covid anyway… openly
laughable through all media, really!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 4 days ago #682202 by MYoung
I hope soon, I miss getting out and shooting all the weddings! I'm getting clients who have been calling me each week, thinking I have an update on this.  Not me.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 days ago #682203 by Ozzie_Traveller

Tim Kelley wrote: How so?  Just wondering what you guys are doing that is working?  :thx2:

G'day Tim

Maybe some links to our Aus gov't news site will help you with info

www.abc.net.au/news/

www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-03/coronavir...9-stay-home/12114978

www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-16/coronavir...two-million/12151982

www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-16/how-coron...ore-serious/12151310

You can see the date-of-posting in the title as well as follow the text once you open the articles.  No costs or signups needed

4 years 3 days ago #682275 by Karen Comella
All I know, things are going to be crazy when things do open up.  I have now 17 weddings that are circling around calendar, all waiting for things to lift.  I just hope everyone doesn't try to rescheduled their weddings on the same date.  Which means I will lose yet more business (can't be everywhere at the same time). 

Photo Comments
4 years 3 days ago #682302 by fmw

Kitzmiller wrote: I avoid watching the news like the plague.  No pun intended.

Is there any target months when we all will be able to get back outdoors??

This afternoon?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024