When do you think we'll be able to get back out shooting?

4 years 5 days ago - 4 years 5 days ago #682447 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

The TV news tonight is very disturbing to me - (ps- this may now be getting too far away from 'my photography')

Trump is saying to the people that the US has the issue well under control and the C-19 rate 'is as good as Germany which is the best in the world' - and he will push state governors to open up the isolation restrictions

John Hopkins University data shows that the US death rate is 20% of C-19 actual cases, Germany is 7% and Australia is 1,4% with our Aussie target of 1% maximum deaths per actual / total cases.  C-19 testing in Oz is free of cost to people and at the moment health workers are using up a large slice of the test kits - with the public being tested if they know / believe that they have been in contact with an affected person / airline / cruise ship

Welfare is being paid by the gov't to about 75% of the previous working population - those who were 'permanents' have $us500per wk paid to their employer who then pays the worker as though they were still on the active payroll - ie: using the company's regular payroll and banking system direct to the worker. Long term  'casuals' have a different arrangement - paid directly into their bank account.  Self employed have another regime.  The bottom line is that the gov't does not want people to suddenly become unemployed then homeless and then to hit the food banks for basic food and support

There are exceptions and we public know all very well that it will have to be repaid to Treasury 'somehow and sometime'.  The guesses include a 10-year "recovery levy" of x% of the person's income added to their taxation rate.  There are others that are probably not relevant to this discussion

Phil from the great land Downunder

www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 5 days ago #682448 by Nikon Shooter

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: The TV news tonight…

Just watched a few episodes of Q&A. I liked it very much.
I had a look at other Oz and NZ footage… happy I did! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 4 days ago #682478 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day NS

Yes mate- our ABC tv and SBS tv stations (the public broadcasters) have program options so far above the crap coming from the commercial networks it's not funny

Phil

www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 2 days ago #682717 by Glen Mosley
Each morning to get the blood flowing, and to get out  of the house, I bring my camera with me.  So I've been shooting daily.  But longer trips, are a thing of the past for now.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024