Japan To Spend Billions Relocating Production Out Of China

4 years 1 week ago #681831 by CaptNemo
Hell yeah, this is what I'm talking about.  More countries need to follow this and remove China from the equation.  Nikon and Canon are some of the factories here.  

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/japan-spend-billions-relocating-production-out-china

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #681861 by Nikon Shooter
Rejecting an equation that doesn't work may be premature
before more variables were tried.

Third world countries will never get out of their misery with
that kind of solution.

In the case of China, my hunch is to possibly fix the equation
by taking the CCP out of it. I trust the people of China can m-
ke it work by eliminating that variable… Taiwan did.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #681869 by Uplander
Personally, I like the idea.  China has gained way to much pull on the  globe. 

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #681871 by Nikon Shooter
The CCP… not the people.

I do share your discomfort, though.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682001 by Carry
Well IMO, many of the people have developed the same perceived entitlement and delusion as their government.  Now, of course there are so many there that are good people, just in a crappy place on the map.  

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682107 by Ben Vanderbilt
Good!  More need to follow and get out of China.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682109 by garyrhook

Ben Vanderbilt wrote: Good!  More need to follow and get out of China.

Going to have to convince the people that run the corporations, and the shareholders, that they can live with less profit, and that they should take advantage of labor elsewhere (which might cost more).

Good luck with that. Greed always seems to win because it's got to be zero-sum.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682149 by Adam G
Gary,

When you factor in what companies lost from China's mess they created, it's likely cheaper to bring manufacturing back to the USA.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682205 by MYoung
Good!

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682290 by Prago
I was just reading that China is buying 1/3 Ecuador rainforest, so they can ruin for fuel mining.  WTH... hasn't the world learned from this whole thing... China is the only one that has gained, and we want to give them more space??  

https://www.businessinsider.com/ecuador-selling-its-rainforest-to-china-2013-3

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682301 by fmw
I have been calling for an end to Chinese imports for years.  Give the American companies a chance to move elsewhere or, better, bring production home.  China does not have our best interests in mind.  They actually want to replace us as the super power.  Apparently the Japanese have already figured this out.

Photo Comments
4 years 1 week ago #682371 by Matt Benton
:agree:   I hope more follow this path

Photo Comments
4 years 6 days ago #682399 by Chester Foster
Good, I really hope the world holds China responsible for this.  They need to pony up. 

4 years 5 days ago #682436 by nfatu8ed
When I was a kid I listened to people criticise Japanese cars (rice burners they called them) and now those same people drive only Japanese cars - the pay a premium for them. If I was into photography in the 60s I'm sure I would have heard much the same thing about Japanese cameras. I think much the same thing has/will happened his Chinese products. Agreed, CCP is an awful regime - but we in the so called 'free world' are addicted to their items, be it the clothes we wear or much of the elactronics we use.

4 years 5 days ago #682438 by nfatu8ed
Oh, and let's not forget that it was our own industrialists who moved their manufacturing offshore to places like China. Back in the late 80s here in Australia we had a similar downturn with local industries - they made the decision of either manufacturing offshore or going broke. If the USA (or Australia for that matter) wants to kickstart their manufacturing industries again they'll have to settle for a massive change in our labour laws in order to be competitive. And then there's the ghastly pollution to deal with.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024