I've noticed this about every photographer

3 years 10 months ago #686603 by Amy Porter
When you're walking around with your camera.  You can tell who the photographers are.  They are the ones that always try to look at your what camera you are carrying!  LOL 

We went on a walk yesterday and I made a mental effort to watch those with a camera.  They always looked at what camera I was carrying.  

I'm not saying I don't do the same.  I do.  I always have to look.  

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686622 by Piechura
I'm never looking at the camera, I'm always trying to figure out what lens they have on it.

3 years 10 months ago #686623 by garyrhook
I'm watching their behavior to assess their skill level. Or shielding my eyes from the OCF.

Past that, I observe the lenses as best I can.

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686626 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Amy

I suspect that you're correct here ... we glance their way to see if they have 'great taste' ie: their camera is the same brand as mine, or not-so-great taste ie: they have some other brand :(

I'm also a bit of a snob here too ~ if they have a dSLR or upmarket bridge -and- they are using the rear screen for sighting / focussing / shooting, I discount their skills to 'amateur' ... but if they are using the eyepiece and have a good foot stance as they line up the shot, then I reckon that 'hey - they might be a damn fine photographer'

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

3 years 10 months ago #686708 by Amy Porter

garyrhook wrote: I'm watching their behavior to assess their skill level. Or shielding my eyes from the OCF.

What does "OCF" mean? 

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686712 by Shadowfixer1

Amy Porter wrote:

garyrhook wrote: I'm watching their behavior to assess their skill level. Or shielding my eyes from the OCF.

What does "OCF" mean? 

Probably OVF since the "C" and "V" are beside each other on the keyboard. 
3 years 10 months ago #686713 by garyrhook

Shadowfixer1 wrote:

Amy Porter wrote: What does "OCF" mean? 

Probably OVF since the "C" and "V" are beside each other on the keyboard. 

Um no.

"On-Camera Flash"

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686716 by Amy Porter
OMG, yep that works.  I would have been guessing all day.   :)

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686809 by Camera Diva
I've been known to peek at someones camera from time to time :whistle:

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686814 by Shadowfixer1
I always look to see what brand first, then which model. Trying to determine the lens is last. I always do this on TV also. I will stop the program and rewind to check it out.
3 years 10 months ago #686816 by Camera Diva
I've been known to peek at someones camera from time to time :whistle:

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686894 by Uplander
Guilty as charged 

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686900 by Nikon Shooter
A camera is like a guitar, what counts is what is done with
it. Music is always shareable as it is played… not so photos.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686994 by I shoot RAW
Yep, sure do.  Most of the time.  

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #687093 by Justin
I'm the same way, but a little further.  I'll look to see what camera, tripod or even camera bag they have.  Yep, I'm super nosy!  

Very nice to meet you!
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024