@#$%^ I accidently left my ISO on 3200!!!

3 years 9 months ago #687911 by Conner
I'm going to throw myself under the bus.  I was shooting night time stuff 2 days ago, and cranked my ISO up to 3200.  My camera is usually always in Aperture Priority.  This morning I was photographing the sunrise.  And I'm back home looking at my photos, and there is noise in all of these, well my darn ISO wasn't moved back!  

:pinch:

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #687931 by Shadowfixer1
Spend 60 bucks on Topaz Denoise and thank me later.
3 years 9 months ago #687932 by garyrhook
Spend $60 on Topaz Denoise AI (it's on sale right now) and be sure you have a decently powerful graphics card.

You're welcome.

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #687933 by Conner
Good tip!  Thank you, I'm going to order that when I get home (on phone right now driving).  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #687936 by Nikon Shooter
Be aware that there are solutions — like the one suggested — but
that they are a not a magical formula.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #687940 by Shadowfixer1
Man. There's an echo in here...……….here...……. here.
3 years 9 months ago #687942 by garyrhook

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Man. There's an echo in here...……….here...……. here.

I know, right? right? right?  :P

I figured a second to your suggestion would get the point across. While the ideal is a properly exposed image with the lowest ISO value possible, sometimes things happen, or there's just no light. Denoise AI goes a long way to mitigate less than ideal conditions.

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #687949 by Shadowfixer1
Bought it two weeks ago and on most images it's like magic. Well worth 60 bucks. A note to the OP. You can download it and try it for 30 days for free. That's what I did but I didn't wait the 30 days. I saw what it did on 2 or 3 of my images and bought it then and there.
3 years 9 months ago #687982 by Sawyer
Oh man, that sucks.  Sorry to hear.  I would go with that Topaz option, the software really works.  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688012 by Tony Imaging
Don't kick yourself too bad, we all have made this or similar mistakes.  I've done this with ISO and white balance a number of times over the years.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688046 by Jessa Layton
+1 OMG, doing this is SO me.  I have accidentally left my camera I old settings a few times myself.  Not much you can do, unless to reshoot or the software that was suggested.  

Good luck!

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688281 by Rawley Photos
Putting aside all jokes, I'll just repeat that we ALL have made such mistakes and similar.  Topaz Denoise is a great program, did you try it out?

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688383 by Ian Stone
Ahhh, that is nothing.  Try leaving your lens cap on!  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688446 by Uplander
No comment :whistle:   Don't know what you are talking about! 

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688540 by Kenta
We just got back from camping for 10 days.  All my photos have 4 nasty dust spots in them.  I feel your pain.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024