PhotoPlus 2020 still on in October??

3 years 10 months ago #688440 by ThatNikonGuy
I just saw an ad on Facebook advertising the October/November 2020 expo.  I thought everything was cancelled this year?

Something I'm missing here?

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #688443 by Nikon Shooter

From their website:

Attendee expressly agrees to fully comply with appropriate COVID-19
health and safety measures and protocols for attendance at the event,
including the requirement to wear face masks at all times and maintain
appropriate social distance.  If needed, Emerald will have limited face
masks available for those attendees who do not bring their own masks
to the event.  Emerald reserves the right to remove any attendee from
the event for failure to adhere to the required COVID-19 health and sa-
fety measures and protocols for attendance at the event.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #688445 by Uplander
I wonder how many companies will bail out from attending.  Sony? 

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #688473 by ThatNikonGuy
Exactly, it will be very interesting to see who shows up if the show goes on.  I think it would be a ghost  pit regardless.   I don't think the masses will show up.  Which will mean any company spending $$  to be there, won't make a good ROI.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688562 by Chris Briggs
I would love to see it open, but honestly I don't see it opening.  If it does, attendance from the vendors and guest I'd guess would be poor.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688612 by Overread
I honestly don't see this happening.  With the unknown regarding a second wave coming, AND most likely won't travel here.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688624 by Sassy Girl
I wouldn't be going this year.  I'll wait till 2021.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688827 by Chris Briggs

Sassy Girl wrote: I wouldn't be going this year.  I'll wait till 2021.  

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.  Going to stay low for this year.

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688831 by David Dettman
I think it would be a mistake to have this.  To much liability and attendance would be rubbish.  Look at what happens with large groups now?  Plus Oct/Nov will be colder season, so Covid will be springing up for round 2.  

3 years 9 months ago #688851 by Prago
I bet it won't go off.  Just to much risk. 

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #688941 by Brody Kross
Olympus just backed out of Photo Plus.  Smart move, I agree, this won't happen this year.  I think most won't attend.  

3 years 9 months ago #688960 by ThatNikonGuy

Brody Kross wrote: Olympus just backed out of Photo Plus.  Smart move, I agree, this won't happen this year.  I think most won't attend.  

I bet we'll hear similar announcements from the others soon enough.  Then Photo plus will make the announcement they are finally pulling the plug.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689035 by Wyrick Photography
Attending as a vendor will be a big gamble.  Which I think most companies will realize this and likely not go. Considering these venues, travel cost and possible quarantine will be very expensive.  Making a poor attendance venue a bad investment.  

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689094 by CaptNemo
There is news that we may be facing a fresh new lock down as Covid cases are taking a huge spike forward.  There isn't a chance this Expo will happen.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689133 by Colorado Mike
Talk about a huge liability.  Man that would be a bone head move for them and selfish if I might add.  I'm not going anywhere near large groups of people right now.  Not till things are buttoned up with Covid.  

Just my 2 cents.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024