PhotoPlus 2020 still on in October??

11 months 2 weeks ago #689200 by Stacy Craig
Look at what is happening right now, summer time, the supposed to be "slow season" for covid.  What do you think will happen when things cool down?  Not a chance this will take place.  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #689210 by Scott Klubeck
Those that attend will be part of statistics of Covid cases 7-14 days after the expo.  No thank you. 

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #689236 by Monica Lafforgue
I hate going to the supermarket these days.  Let alone any conventions with people all over the world attending.  

So, +1 for sitting this one out.  

11 months 2 weeks ago #689255 by Justin
Attendance has been going down hill for the last few years already.  I doubt there would be hardly anyone there this year.  Honestly I would be surprised on many vendors wanting to be there either.  

Very nice to meet you!
Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #689270 by Ian Stone
I'm in NYC, and will say there is no way this will go off.  Look at how our governor is handling people coming in from infected states.  Can you imagine the logistics and mess from this? 

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #689291 by TCooper
Not to mention you could be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival! 

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #689343 by ShutterPal
Will be sitting out this one as well 

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #689374 by Scuba Mike
Huh?  How is this even a consideration?  The country is on the verge of shutting down again.  

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #689445 by Ian Stone

Scuba Mike wrote: Huh?  How is this even a consideration?  The country is on the verge of shutting down again.  

There is no way this will take place.  See my above comment. 

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #689589 by Craig Stone
After reading this, I'm curious who would actually show up to this and which companies would actually weigh the risk.   I don't think there would be many either or.  And that's assuming the government doesn't stop this or put serious restrictions.  

Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #689663 by Tristan R
:agree: 1000% agree.   

Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #689796 by Sawyer
Big old pass from me.  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #689857 by Foggy
Bad move for PhotoPlus to have this.  That will be bad PR, which could tip the ship for these guys IMHO.  Attendance hasn't been all that good during last few years. 

Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #689968 by ThatNikonGuy
Well it looks like my surprise isn't alone.  

Photo Comments

11 months 6 days ago #690311 by Conner
Heck no!  I'm going to avoid large groups till this crap is over with or at least legitimately under control.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D700 is pretty long in the tooth now, but that doesn't mean that it still doesn't offer great specs and features for some photographers in 2021.

Jun 14, 2021

The Canon EOS M6 is four years old and has since been replaced with the M6 Mark II. But it's still a solid camera, particularly for beginners and vloggers.

Jun 08, 2021

The Canon EOS 60D is more than a decade old, but it still has plenty of punch left that makes it a solid and inexpensive camera for today's photographers.

Jun 07, 2021

The Canon EOS M3 is several years old now, and though it might have been overshadowed by other small, highly-capable cameras, its long-term value is evident in 2021.

Jun 05, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo restoration serves a very important purpose in allowing us to preserve memories of days gone by - but that's just one reason why restoration is critical.

Jun 14, 2021

The Nikon D700 is pretty long in the tooth now, but that doesn't mean that it still doesn't offer great specs and features for some photographers in 2021.

Jun 14, 2021

While the quality of the images you take is important, so too is the customer experience you give your photography clients. Get some tips on how to improve that experience in this guide.

Jun 14, 2021

Learning how to work remotely as a photographer requires a commitment to being organized, only taking the gear you need, and staying in touch with clients.

Jun 11, 2021

With these outdoor photography tips, you'll learn some tricks of the trade to get better images this summer.

Jun 09, 2021

Not sure how to fix bright sunlight in listing photos? In this guide, you'll learn quick and easy techniques to make your interior real estate photos shine.

Jun 09, 2021

With these crucial photography business tips, you'll learn methods of how to get more online reviews that will help improve your business' online reputation.

Jun 08, 2021

Learning how to use contrast in your photos is a key way to improve the quality of your images. Learn a few tricks for doing so in this guide.

Jun 08, 2021