Well this is embarrassing...

5 months 8 hours ago #688782 by Tim Wiener
I went out shooting last weekend.  I had been using my cable release and had a enjoyable time.  This morning I was cleaning all my gear and  noticed my cable release was missing.  I went out to my car, then searched my garage.  Emptied my camera bag again and couldn't find.  As I was there staring at my bag, trying to mentally back track my steps and perhaps where I could have left it.  Then my wife calls out from downstairs: "You left one of your camera switch things in your pants".  These pants that were just washed and already in the dryer and starting to make all sorts of noise.  

:pinch:

Well, yes, it happened.  @#$%^@!

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 hours ago #688832 by CharleyL
At least you now know where it was hiding. Hope it still works. If it's doesn't slide easily after it dries you might consider a small amount of dry lubricant like Tri Flow worked down inside by moving the cable in and out to draw it in. It surely can't hurt it worse than it already is. You might actually be able to save it's life. 

My shutter release is electric and wireless. A trip through the washer and dryer would be a certain end to it. 

Charley

5 months 2 hours ago #688833 by David Dettman
Well that sucks, sorry to hear this!  

4 months 4 weeks ago #688863 by Dan Lindgren
If it makes you feel any better I have watched my memory card before, however not a remote. Not to ask a dumb question, but could you let it sit out for a week in the sun and try it again?  Or will the electronics be toast?

4 months 4 weeks ago #688967 by Kelly Lambert
+1 put me down for that one as well.

Nikon D700: 50mm, 14-24mm, 85mm, 105mm 70-200mm, 150-500mm (Sigma), SB-900
Photo Comments

4 months 4 weeks ago #688973 by Screamin Scott
I think we all have had those type of moments...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

4 months 4 weeks ago #689062 by Cory J
-laughing- yep, we all have!  

Photo Comments

4 months 3 weeks ago #689196 by Flash Steven
It would be embarrassing if no one else has done that. However, if you haven't noticed most of us have!  

Canon 7D w/grip, Canon 40D, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L Canon MPE 65mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 70-300mm f2.8; Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6
Photo Comments

4 months 3 weeks ago #689221 by Ira Weber
It was roughly 6 months ago, I was meeting up with a client to take some test shots.   We get on site, all is set up.  I go to take a photo, and then see there is no battery!  End up not having a SINGLE battery with me.  That was very embarrassing!  

Photo Comments

4 months 3 weeks ago #689284 by Jackson Rieger
Ruined mine last year by having it hanging from the camera, while the tripod was set up in 1' of surf, photographing the sunset.  Wave snuck up and drowned it.  

I feel you! 

Photo Comments

4 months 3 weeks ago #689371 by Stanly
Exactly!  This is just what happens to each of us at least once.  :whistle:

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

4 months 3 weeks ago #689594 by Nathan D
Stanly, you have spoken the truth there! I have a bad problem of always stuffing my cards in my pockets and forgetting.  I'm lucky that my wife knows this and always goes through each of my pockets when doing laundry.  When I'm doing the wash, I do it as well.  It's not just memory cards, I'm always leaving something in my pockets.  Most of the time it's cash or even important papers.  It's almost like the lottery.  What did I leave this time?  lol

Photo Comments

4 months 3 weeks ago #689596 by Screamin Scott
My wife leaves tissues in her pockets all the time. I seldom check pockets when I do the laundry and then the tissues disintegrate and make a mess. I've never had a memory card get washed though...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

4 months 2 weeks ago #689669 by Roy Wilson
LOL I just had one of those episodes in yesterdays wash.  

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV the right camera for you? Or should you opt for the cheaper Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III? Find out in this review!

Nov 09, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020

To stabilize a camera doesn't always mean having a tripod. Instead, there are many tripod alternatives and makeshift tripods you can use to stabilize your camera.

Nov 20, 2020

What is focal length? How does it differ from effective focal length? In this tutorial, we'll shed light on the differences between the two.

Nov 17, 2020

These underused Photoshop tools can help you unlock your creativity and create more impactful images.

Nov 17, 2020

Search no more for the best laptops for photographers under $1000. This list includes five of the top picks based on specs, features, and price.

Nov 16, 2020

"I'm going to use ND filters" is one thing. Knowing which ND filter you need is another. In this guide, we'll compare and contrast common types of ND filters.

Nov 16, 2020

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020