What are YOU photographing today?

3 years 8 months ago #694002 by Hoss
Honestly I feel I have hit a wall with my photography.  Perhaps it's just frustration over the crappy year and a few other things.  Don't know.  But I really could use some inspiration, ideas and just a kick in the butt.  So, I'm posting this thread, to see what others are shooting today.  And let this be an ongoing thread.  Come back and post what you are photographing tomorrow, this weekend and so forth.  I can't be the only one curious.  

Thank you  :)

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694023 by Sawyer
At 3pm today I'm heading out to take a walk on a nature trail, and I'll bring my camera with me.  You never know what you find or will see.  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694034 by Nikon Shooter
I was shooting in a new bakery in town this morning, online
presence and in store transparencies.

It is a bright sunny day, I think I will go to the marsh to relax
though I suspect there won't much to shoot… but one never
knows.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694084 by Nikon Shooter

After an hour + in the heat, I wouldn't say I'm cool but relaxed
I got this… not much I know!

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694110 by Alex
I'm going to head out to Joshua Tree this weekend, or try too.  We have been getting some crazy heat out here in the last few weeks.  However new moon was last Tuesday, so it was either last weekend or this upcoming weekend to get nice dark skies.  That said, I might just head out and deal with the insane heat.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694118 by Janos
Nothing planned for me this weekend, I will take my camera with me on our road trip.  I guess I can hope for something!  

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694231 by Toby J
Not sure, bringing camera with me on hike

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694260 by Sawyer
Ended up photographing just a few friends and family over for BBQ

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694306 by Sandy Smith Photos
Just the lake and other boats out on the lake with us.  Nothing terribly exciting.  Perhaps next weekend.  

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694511 by Uplander
Nothing!  I can't seem to find my memory card case! 

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694530 by Naheed
Nothing planned so far. I am planning on a trip this weekend.

3 years 7 months ago #694549 by Nikon Shooter

Uplander wrote: Nothing!  I can't seem to find my memory card case! 

EXCUSES!!!  :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694596 by Jeff Scott
My wife wants me to photograph some knitting stuff of hers later.  That's about it.  

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694645 by Ruben Wade
My wifes sisters kids (7 and 10 years old)

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694726 by CharleyL
I just finished doing some product photography of Godox BD04 barn door/gel assemblies that I bought to use on the front of some of my mono light 7" reflectors. They arrived crushed and the attachment tabs that attach to the 7" reflectors had cut through the product packaging, but not through the Amazon outer box and were bent nearly flat with the frame.  In fact, the Amazon box and bubble pack was in great shape, so this must have happened during shipment from China to the vendor or to Amazon from China.

This is the second pair of these that this vendor has had Amazon ship to me. The first two were much worse, so they sent me the second set, which turned out to have the same problem, although not as severe. I have now straightened the bent tabs of these and will be keeping them, but I was surprised when I was told by the vendor that Godox had decided that adding an extra piece of cardboard to their packaging to prevent this damage was not going to be done. It seems that the manufacturer expects the customer to accept the damage and repair it themselves. One tab on the first of these that I had received required so much straightening that it has now fallen apart, making this BD04 useless.  

I am loosing faith in Godox over this decision. A little too late for me, since a large portion of my Studio photo equipment has been bought from Godox through Amazon. I may be looking at other brands for my next purchases. When I buy something new, I expect that it will arrive without shipping damage, so I can put it into use immediately. If I wanted to repair things, I could have purchased "used equipment" for much less.

Charley

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024