Key points of Yosemite to photograph?

3 months 9 hours ago #694282 by Ben Howen
Other than the falls, what are some spots at Yosemite that you would personally want to photograph when visiting?

I've searched on Google and found a number of spots to photograph.  I just won't have the time for everything.  So figured would sway my visit on the most popular spots.  We are driving on up to Oregon so just a quick stop.  

Thank you

Canon T3i, 18-55mm IS, 50mm, 55-250mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #694399 by Tim Dulaney
You kidding?  Step off the bus and point your camera at anything.  You won't be disappointed.  There is so much there to photograph.  

2 months 4 weeks ago #694519 by Carlos

Tim Dulaney wrote: You kidding?  Step off the bus and point your camera at anything.  You won't be disappointed.  There is so much there to photograph.  

:agree:  so true here and Yellowstone.  

(2) Canon 7D, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #694529 by Naheed
I will recommend visiting Nevada and Vernal Falls, Tunnel View, and Sentinel Bridge.

2 months 4 weeks ago #694563 by CharleyL
Never been there, and I'm not likely to get there now in this lifetime.

Whenever I go to a high tourist area with my camera, where thousands upon thousands of photographs have already been taken, I try to find places and angles which are not commonly photographed. Why just repeat what so many other photographers have already taken? I tend to go "behind the scenes" to get "the other view" wherever I can. It adds more interest to my photos and increases the challenge for me to take photos that haven't already been seen millions of times before.

Charley

2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #694639 by Chris Briggs
Here you go:

Half Dome Cables
Cook Meadows
Mirror Lake
Half Dome from Glacier Point Road
Taft Point
Clouds Rest
El Capitan
Olmstead Point
Eagle Peak
Inspiration Point
Vernal Falls
Tunnel View
Bridal Veil Falls

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #694821 by Garbo
100% agree Yosemite and Yellowstone part two of the most photogenic places in the United States. As mentioned already there are so many places to photograph there you can’t go wrong put your camera and hit the shutter.

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #694842 by Stanly
Something to keep in mind open up a map and look at or rather find all the small lakes. These are some of the most pristine places to photograph.

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #694862 by Toby J
Open up an Ansel Adams book, and draw inspiration from his work.  Yosemite was one of his spots.  

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #694944 by Andy Gladwell
Want to go there so bad

2 months 2 weeks ago #695242 by Nefarious
Just make sure you put some time aside to explore.  7 days will give you plenty of time to get around and explore.  Just so much to see there.  

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #695416 by Finn
Make sure you give yourself plenty of time, it's easy to spend time in Yosemite.  SO much to photograph there.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV the right camera for you? Or should you opt for the cheaper Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III? Find out in this review!

Nov 09, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020

To stabilize a camera doesn't always mean having a tripod. Instead, there are many tripod alternatives and makeshift tripods you can use to stabilize your camera.

Nov 20, 2020

What is focal length? How does it differ from effective focal length? In this tutorial, we'll shed light on the differences between the two.

Nov 17, 2020

These underused Photoshop tools can help you unlock your creativity and create more impactful images.

Nov 17, 2020

Search no more for the best laptops for photographers under $1000. This list includes five of the top picks based on specs, features, and price.

Nov 16, 2020

"I'm going to use ND filters" is one thing. Knowing which ND filter you need is another. In this guide, we'll compare and contrast common types of ND filters.

Nov 16, 2020

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020