What is the OLDEST camera you still use regularly?

3 years 7 months ago #694288 by Jessa Layton
Anyone else miss getting out with friends like before Covid?  LOL Yeah I know so cliche thought.  

OK, so what about that title?  

What is the oldest camera you use regularly?  It can't be a camera in a collect you have collecting dust.  I has to be a camera you use on a regular basis.  

Mine:  I still use my old Nikon D7000 which is now 10 years old.  In camera world I think that is old.  :toocrazy:

What about you?

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694291 by Nikon Shooter
I retired my film cameras, so the oldest D in operation
at this time is my trusted D3S… 11 years old.

In D world it is old but not in camera world! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694313 by fmw
Fuji E1

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694443 by ThatNikonGuy
Oldest camera that I still use isn't that old.  It's a Nikon D800, which I want to say is 7 years old.  

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694500 by 2guns
Oldest I still use is a Canon XTI. Shoots decent pictures and won’t break the bank if it bit the dust due to weather or accident. It was my second digital DSLR. 

3 years 7 months ago #694504 by Hassner
I am on my third Canon 40D.
One packed up after a fall.
One I passed on to my daughter to learn the basics.
I found a very cheap one for sale. 
I work very rough with my daily work camera. 
It seems like the 40D just does not want to die. 
It was launched 2007 and replaced by the 50D a year later.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694505 by Shadowfixer1
The oldest one I use but I wouldn't say regularly is my Minolta Dimage A7 from about 2002. I still use it for infrared images because it works pretty well with the infrared filter.
3 years 7 months ago #694509 by John Landolfi
D3s. Still the best low light camera for me.. when nostalgia attacks, I bring out an F2sb, but seldom these days

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694531 by Naheed
I still have my Canon 5D. However, I am not using it regularly.

3 years 7 months ago #695640 by Bigbird48
Canon 60D used daily not that old but not new either.

3 years 7 months ago #695687 by Randall McNabb
Well my oldest camera isn't that old, but it's a Nikon D7100.  It's a great crop sensor camera. 

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #695688 by KevinH
I used my Canon A-1 Pro about a year ago. Still took great pics. Purchased in 1979.

3 years 7 months ago #695720 by red14
I don't use it much, Canon AE-1, 1978-9.  My 'new' one is a Sony A-100, 2006.

3 years 7 months ago #695939 by CharleyL
I have a Sony FD-95 that I bought in 2000. I last used it about a month ago. It's on it's third set of batteries, records to floppy disks, so I've had to buy a 3.5" floppy disk to USB reader to continue using it (bought the reader about 3 years ago). There are still occasions when smaller file size Jpeg files are more convenient and suit the need, though the FD-95 is a bit of a box camera by today's standards.

Charley

3 years 6 months ago #696987 by db3348
1960-1970's vintage large-format film camera ,  and  still gives  awesome results

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024

In the great Canon R6 vs R6 Mark II, which one is best? Is it the original, groundbreaking R6 or the mildly updated and newer R6 Mark II? Let’s dive in and find out!

Apr 03, 2024