Where do you find models, for portfolio work?

5 months 2 weeks ago #696109 by Farestad
Prior to Covid, Craigslist all day long.  I always had models interested in work.  Now my ads are getting little to zero action.  Have you had any luck finding models for portfolio work since Covid kicked off?  Seeing my work schedule has dropped so much, would be nice to work on some new ideas.  

But I need models and peeps I can photograph.  My wife and kids are exhausted of me photographing them, so I need someone else.  

thank you

EF 50mm f/1.4
EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
EF 100mm f/2
EF 70-200mm f/4
EF 18-55mm
EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #696178 by mskills
contact agencies local to you offer a reduced rate for their models or 'kick backs' alternatively /model mayhem' is an example of a good site for models. Im a model and looking for as portfolio shoot myself 

5 months 2 weeks ago #696214 by Ian Stone
You should set up an account on ModelMayhem

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #696216 by Nikon Shooter
There is an uneasy choice to consider in this matter, the
choice of aesthetic or expression. A model agency will
provide mainly aesthetic and will do that "beautifully" if
I may say so.

Personally, I prefer expression… by far. For that reason, I
have good contacts with the three theatre schools in the
country. This is how I hired Claudia for a magazine shoot
of a centrefold layout for the EU integration program.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #696398 by Miss Polly
Craigslist and neighbors and friends 

Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #696436 by Hassner
Also, have a website with your work and a professional business card with a link to it.

Do not be ashamed to stop someone on the street or coffee shop.
Places where students hang out.
Do not just give the card, get a number, so you can follow up. Some people are very shy and need a nudge. 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #696551 by KENT MELTON
+1 yep and yep

I do think the family and friends avenue will be a good place to start.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony ZV-1 review, learn all about its specs, features, build and handling, video performance, price, and more.

Feb 24, 2021

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021

The Sony a7S III is a video-first full frame camera with a hefty price tag. Is it worth the price of admission? Get all the details in this Sony a7S III review.

Feb 18, 2021

In this Nikon Z7 II review learn how this new camera is similar to the original Z7 and how it makes improvements upon the original.

Feb 16, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this Sony ZV-1 review, learn all about its specs, features, build and handling, video performance, price, and more.

Feb 24, 2021

If you want to try your hand at abstract photography, use these abstract photography ideas for a source of inspiration and creativity.

Feb 24, 2021

Which monitor panel types should you invest in? In this monitor buying guide, learn a few tips for getting the best monitor for photo editing.

Feb 23, 2021

Marketing for photography businesses can take up a ton of time, so you want to do it right and do so without taking up your entire day. Use these beginner marketing tips to help point you in the right direction.

Feb 23, 2021

If a photography tripod is too cumbersome for you, you can learn how to stabilize a camera with any number of tripod substitutes.

Feb 22, 2021

Use this real estate photography gear list to learn about some of the most critical pieces of kit you need to take the highest-quality real estate photos.

Feb 22, 2021

If you aren't sure how to get feedback from clients, check out these simple solutions for your photography business.

Feb 19, 2021

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021