Running HDMI from DSLR to projector - how to?

3 years 6 months ago #698593 by haring
How do you run HDMI from DSLR to projector?
I would like to project a wedding ceremony to a projector so guests can see it on a large 10 x 9 screen.
How should I run the signal? Hollyland 300?
Cable seems to be out of the question because I need to move the camera.
What transmitter should I use which I can attach to the camera?
Thanks!

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #699063 by CharleyL
Not a direct answer to your question, but I have a cable that lets me connect my Canon 77D camera direct to my 50" Vizio TV that works great. Now, I know that this isn't what you want to do, but it does prove that the camera will send video and audio data in a format that can be displayed as an hdmi input on a relatively new Smart TV.

The problem now is to transmit this signal so that it can be seen by others not in that location. Have you seen any Youtube live videos?

I haven't played with the technical aspects, but I think connecting a PC to your camera and using it to send your live video and audio through a WIFI connection to an internet network at the wedding location and then to a Youtube channel that you create ahead of time, is all you need on your end. Give everyone that you want to see the video the link to your Youtube channel so they can tune in at the correct time, and it should work. Of course, they will need a smart TV to be able to see Youtube, or a PC connected to the internet and watch Youtube through it, etc. There are several ways that they can get streaming signals from Youtube on their Digital TV. If the TV isn't a Smart TV. ROKU or FireTV modems hooked to the internet and an input to their TV will get Youtube shows on their TV set or digital projector.  I suggest that you contact Youtube tech support to see what is required, or reach out to some of the present Youtube presenters who are doing live shows and ask them for tips to get started.. Some experimenting ahead of time to work out the bugs will surely be required. If you can get it all working, the viewers can be almost anywhere that there is internet in the World and can tune in and watch the wedding live. I hope you have enough time to get all this together. It will probably be a first for a Youtube wedding live show.

Charley 

The following user(s) said Thank You: haring
3 years 3 months ago #707015 by haring
Sometimes the smallest task torn into something very complicated if you want to make it perfect. I ended up getting a wireless transmitter.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024