Running HDMI from DSLR to projector - how to?

1 week 1 day ago #698593 by haring
How do you run HDMI from DSLR to projector?
I would like to project a wedding ceremony to a projector so guests can see it on a large 10 x 9 screen.
How should I run the signal? Hollyland 300?
Cable seems to be out of the question because I need to move the camera.
What transmitter should I use which I can attach to the camera?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 days 18 hours ago - 3 days 18 hours ago #699063 by CharleyL
Not a direct answer to your question, but I have a cable that lets me connect my Canon 77D camera direct to my 50" Vizio TV that works great. Now, I know that this isn't what you want to do, but it does prove that the camera will send video and audio data in a format that can be displayed as an hdmi input on a relatively new Smart TV.

The problem now is to transmit this signal so that it can be seen by others not in that location. Have you seen any Youtube live videos?

I haven't played with the technical aspects, but I think connecting a PC to your camera and using it to send your live video and audio through a WIFI connection to an internet network at the wedding location and then to a Youtube channel that you create ahead of time, is all you need on your end. Give everyone that you want to see the video the link to your Youtube channel so they can tune in at the correct time, and it should work. Of course, they will need a smart TV to be able to see Youtube, or a PC connected to the internet and watch Youtube through it, etc. There are several ways that they can get streaming signals from Youtube on their Digital TV. If the TV isn't a Smart TV. ROKU or FireTV modems hooked to the internet and an input to their TV will get Youtube shows on their TV set or digital projector.  I suggest that you contact Youtube tech support to see what is required, or reach out to some of the present Youtube presenters who are doing live shows and ask them for tips to get started.. Some experimenting ahead of time to work out the bugs will surely be required. If you can get it all working, the viewers can be almost anywhere that there is internet in the World and can tune in and watch the wedding live. I hope you have enough time to get all this together. It will probably be a first for a Youtube wedding live show.

Charley 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

The Canon EOS Rebel T5 is six years old now, but is still a viable option for beginner photographers looking for a solid camera on a budget.

Oct 08, 2020

If a medium format camera has been on your wish list for a while, you might consider the Phase One 645DF+ as an affordable option.

Oct 01, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Mobile by Peak Design is their latest line of products that show a commitment to innovation, quality materials, and ease of use.

Oct 21, 2020

If you're not sure how to sell your camera, use these tips for selling camera gear online to maximize your return and streamline the process.

Oct 20, 2020

Free photography gifts can be a great asset to your photography business. In this tutorial, learn how to give free gifts to your clients to improve retention.

Oct 20, 2020

Contactless payments for your photography business enable you to streamline your payment process while maintaining a cleaner environment in your studio for your clients.

Oct 15, 2020

Street photography is a unique experience that requires the right gear. Get a few street photography gear tips that will help you capture the best photos.

Oct 15, 2020

Don't make beginner landscape photography mistakes. Instead, prepare yourself for an error-free photography outing with these quick landscape photography tips.

Oct 15, 2020

If you need a monitor for video editing, check this guide on computer monitor features you need to look for.

Oct 14, 2020

There are all kinds of uses for a field monitor for photography and videography. In this guide, learn a few features to look for when buying a field monitor.

Oct 14, 2020