What kind of floor do you have in your photography studio?

3 years 5 months ago #698720 by Juan Anthony
Hey guys, my new studio is coming along.  I'm at the point where I need to figure out my floors.  I have a tan carpet in the room right now.  I'm on the fence about keeping carpet, but changing the color.  Or going with some sort of tile or hardwood.  

Can I ask what you are using?  

Thanks!

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698724 by Nikon Shooter
My studio and living quarters are in an old and traditional
farm house. It had already oak wood chevron floor that I
shall not — and don't want to — change it.

In the prop room, in a secondary building on the property,
I stored some removable options like dark grey commercial
carpet, decorative turkish ones and a few square metres of
high gloss white linoleum.

Mode important than the actual floor, are those different
optons that will permit to adapt to many scenarios. Most
importantly, it should be safe, not slippery, possibly forgi-
ving if something is dropped.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698752 by Juan Anthony
I see, so your base is really irrelevant because you lay down what color of carpet or flooring you want for each shoot? 

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698757 by Nikon Shooter
Not really Juan.

It is not what but how. It doesn't matter the type of floor
as long as it is hard. What matters is light or dark, matt or
shiny… plus a few smaller decorations.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698897 by TCooper
dark stained hardwood 

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698925 by Naheed
A photo studio is of great importance to be a professional photographer. It's essential to design the flooring of your photo studio carefully. In my photo studio, I am using hardwood. What is the color of your walls in the studio? You may choose contrast or matching carpet/rug color.

3 years 5 months ago #698926 by Naheed
A photo studio is of great importance to be a professional photographer. It's essential to design the flooring of your photo studio carefully. In my photo studio, I am using hardwood. What is the color of your walls in the studio? You may choose contrast or matching carpet/rug color.

3 years 5 months ago #698974 by Kenta
I have tan carpet, with a dark brown throw rug in the middle 

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #699012 by CharleyL
My studio shooting room is 18' X 26' with ceiling white paint on the ceiling and the walls. The floor is hard pine with a medium brown color. It has been OK for most of my needs, but occasionally I'm using 5' X 7' colored backdrops on the floor with a matching large backdrop behind it to get the effect that I'm looking for.

I have been in studios with white walls and ceilings that had grey tile or gray painted concrete floors, and I liked the ability to change the floor color with the lights. If I change my studio floor it will be to a medium grey colored tile or laminate with very little or no gloss or pattern. So far, I'm just going with the smaller size backdrops on the floor when needed.

Charley

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024