What kind of floor do you have in your photography studio?

1 month 2 weeks ago #698720 by Juan Anthony
Hey guys, my new studio is coming along.  I'm at the point where I need to figure out my floors.  I have a tan carpet in the room right now.  I'm on the fence about keeping carpet, but changing the color.  Or going with some sort of tile or hardwood.  

Can I ask what you are using?  

Thanks!

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #698724 by Nikon Shooter
My studio and living quarters are in an old and traditional
farm house. It had already oak wood chevron floor that I
shall not — and don't want to — change it.

In the prop room, in a secondary building on the property,
I stored some removable options like dark grey commercial
carpet, decorative turkish ones and a few square metres of
high gloss white linoleum.

Mode important than the actual floor, are those different
optons that will permit to adapt to many scenarios. Most
importantly, it should be safe, not slippery, possibly forgi-
ving if something is dropped.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #698752 by Juan Anthony
I see, so your base is really irrelevant because you lay down what color of carpet or flooring you want for each shoot? 

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #698757 by Nikon Shooter
Not really Juan.

It is not what but how. It doesn't matter the type of floor
as long as it is hard. What matters is light or dark, matt or
shiny… plus a few smaller decorations.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #698897 by TCooper
dark stained hardwood 

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #698925 by Naheed
A photo studio is of great importance to be a professional photographer. It's essential to design the flooring of your photo studio carefully. In my photo studio, I am using hardwood. What is the color of your walls in the studio? You may choose contrast or matching carpet/rug color.

1 month 2 weeks ago #698926 by Naheed
A photo studio is of great importance to be a professional photographer. It's essential to design the flooring of your photo studio carefully. In my photo studio, I am using hardwood. What is the color of your walls in the studio? You may choose contrast or matching carpet/rug color.

1 month 1 week ago #698974 by Kenta
I have tan carpet, with a dark brown throw rug in the middle 

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #699012 by CharleyL
My studio shooting room is 18' X 26' with ceiling white paint on the ceiling and the walls. The floor is hard pine with a medium brown color. It has been OK for most of my needs, but occasionally I'm using 5' X 7' colored backdrops on the floor with a matching large backdrop behind it to get the effect that I'm looking for.

I have been in studios with white walls and ceilings that had grey tile or gray painted concrete floors, and I liked the ability to change the floor color with the lights. If I change my studio floor it will be to a medium grey colored tile or laminate with very little or no gloss or pattern. So far, I'm just going with the smaller size backdrops on the floor when needed.

Charley

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a7 II might be five years old, but it still has features and specs that are well worth the price in 2020.

Nov 24, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 might be four years old, but it still packs a punch for photographers looking for a feature-rich point-and-shoot camera.

Nov 23, 2020

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you're after a cheap laptop for yourself or someone on your holiday shopping list, you might consider one of these computers under $500.

Nov 25, 2020

With these family portrait tips, you'll learn a few strategies for taking much-improved Thanksgiving family portraits.

Nov 24, 2020

There are tons of Black Friday photography deals available this year. Check this list of Adorama Black Friday deals, Amazon Black Friday deals, and much more!

Nov 24, 2020

The Sony a7 II might be five years old, but it still has features and specs that are well worth the price in 2020.

Nov 24, 2020

Use these photography marketing tools to improve ROI for your business in 2021 and beyond.

Nov 24, 2020

Learning how to use a reflector is a photography lighting skill that is extremely valuable. In this tutorial, get simple instructions on using a reflector for portraits.

Nov 24, 2020

In this ViewSonic VP3481 review, learn about the features, specs, pros, cons, and price of this curved, widescreen monitor.

Nov 24, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 might be four years old, but it still packs a punch for photographers looking for a feature-rich point-and-shoot camera.

Nov 23, 2020