AI Editing Will Ruin Photography As We Know It

3 years 6 months ago #698738 by Frost Photography
I just love this guys videos and he really hits a big topic on the head here.  I think AI editing will make lazy photographers.  

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698739 by Frost Photography
"Integrity" is questioned when using software like this.  Such a good point!  

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698793 by Photo Junky
100% agree with this and his concerns.  People will forget about timing and just be happy with any shot knowing that they can come back to their computers and apply whatever they missed in person.  

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698799 by serhiko
I think that it is like every advancement in technology, if it will make the result better then why not use it?
And what about auto-focus? does it make the photographer lazy?

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #698852 by Nikon Shooter

serhiko wrote: And what about auto-focus? does it make the photographer lazy?

In my case, AF gives me a chance to access an ephemeral 
events that would be gone by the time I'm ready to shoot.

Many subjects or situations are happening too fast.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #698923 by Naheed
Editing has nothing to do with physically getting photographs. No one needs editing tools to take a photograph. Adobe Photoshop can't make poor photos better or blurry photos clear, and it is also unable to change the lighting in a shot too.

3 years 5 months ago #699044 by Freshstart
I'm on the fence on both accounts.  I see value in having it, but also think some will not learn with this sort of tool.

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #699046 by Scotty
Photography is mostly faking it.  Bring it on.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #699059 by Piechura
Some ancient Greeks decried books because they thought the ability to look things up rather than committing it to memory would make students lazy. Every technology comes with the same complaints. After all, what is a photographer if not just a lazy painter?

3 years 5 months ago #699095 by Ian Stone
Well it depends, if the creator pawns off the work as out of the camera, which would be unethical.  If for own use or proper disclosure, then I’m ok with it. 

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #699359 by Tony Imaging
I saw this video earlier this week.  Or last week rather.  I'm 100% agreeing with this guy.  This will make people dependant and not knowing how to get these sort of shots without the technology.  Just my 2 cents.  

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #699390 by Crammer
True, but nothing we can do about this.

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #699466 by Peter P
It's like how the film people saw Photoshop and Lightroom.  Yet nearly every photographer I know (including myself) uses Photoshop daily.  It's just another creative tool.  

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #699668 by Zach Mosher
Well Adobe is standing behind the technology as they have Sky replacement now.  I guess like it or not, it's here.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024