AI Editing Will Ruin Photography As We Know It

1 month 1 week ago #698738 by Frost Photography
I just love this guys videos and he really hits a big topic on the head here.  I think AI editing will make lazy photographers.  

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #698739 by Frost Photography
"Integrity" is questioned when using software like this.  Such a good point!  

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #698793 by Photo Junky
100% agree with this and his concerns.  People will forget about timing and just be happy with any shot knowing that they can come back to their computers and apply whatever they missed in person.  

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #698799 by serhiko
I think that it is like every advancement in technology, if it will make the result better then why not use it?
And what about auto-focus? does it make the photographer lazy?

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #698852 by Nikon Shooter

serhiko wrote: And what about auto-focus? does it make the photographer lazy?

In my case, AF gives me a chance to access an ephemeral 
events that would be gone by the time I'm ready to shoot.

Many subjects or situations are happening too fast.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #698923 by Naheed
Editing has nothing to do with physically getting photographs. No one needs editing tools to take a photograph. Adobe Photoshop can't make poor photos better or blurry photos clear, and it is also unable to change the lighting in a shot too.

1 month 5 days ago #699044 by Freshstart
I'm on the fence on both accounts.  I see value in having it, but also think some will not learn with this sort of tool.

Photo Comments

1 month 5 days ago #699046 by Scotty
Photography is mostly faking it.  Bring it on.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

1 month 5 days ago #699059 by Piechura
Some ancient Greeks decried books because they thought the ability to look things up rather than committing it to memory would make students lazy. Every technology comes with the same complaints. After all, what is a photographer if not just a lazy painter?

1 month 4 days ago #699095 by Ian Stone
Well it depends, if the creator pawns off the work as out of the camera, which would be unethical.  If for own use or proper disclosure, then I’m ok with it. 

Photo Comments

1 month 2 days ago #699359 by Tony Imaging
I saw this video earlier this week.  Or last week rather.  I'm 100% agreeing with this guy.  This will make people dependant and not knowing how to get these sort of shots without the technology.  Just my 2 cents.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 days ago #699390 by Crammer
True, but nothing we can do about this.

Photo Comments

1 month 1 day ago #699466 by Peter P
It's like how the film people saw Photoshop and Lightroom.  Yet nearly every photographer I know (including myself) uses Photoshop daily.  It's just another creative tool.  

Photo Comments

4 weeks 1 day ago #699668 by Zach Mosher
Well Adobe is standing behind the technology as they have Sky replacement now.  I guess like it or not, it's here.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV the right camera for you? Or should you opt for the cheaper Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III? Find out in this review!

Nov 09, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020

To stabilize a camera doesn't always mean having a tripod. Instead, there are many tripod alternatives and makeshift tripods you can use to stabilize your camera.

Nov 20, 2020

What is focal length? How does it differ from effective focal length? In this tutorial, we'll shed light on the differences between the two.

Nov 17, 2020

These underused Photoshop tools can help you unlock your creativity and create more impactful images.

Nov 17, 2020

Search no more for the best laptops for photographers under $1000. This list includes five of the top picks based on specs, features, and price.

Nov 16, 2020

"I'm going to use ND filters" is one thing. Knowing which ND filter you need is another. In this guide, we'll compare and contrast common types of ND filters.

Nov 16, 2020

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020